Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WaMu the 'Largest Bank Failure Ever - I am rushing to my branch this morning to..

Go down 
+2
candygirl
rberry
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rberry

rberry

Male
Number of posts : 437
Registration date : 2008-04-25

WaMu the 'Largest Bank Failure Ever - I am rushing to my branch this morning to.. Empty
PostSubject: WaMu the 'Largest Bank Failure Ever - I am rushing to my branch this morning to..   WaMu the 'Largest Bank Failure Ever - I am rushing to my branch this morning to.. EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 10:00 pm

WaMu the 'Largest Bank Failure Ever - I am rushing to my branch this morning to check on my money yah

By DANIEL ARNALL and CHARLES HERMAN
Sept. 25, 200

PMorgan Chase & Co., the firm that snapped up Bear Stearns after its collapse, has picked up another bargain.

e nation's third-largest financial services firm has bought the functional assets of Washington Mutual, the nation's largest savings and loan, for $1.9 billion after the federal government shut down the bank this evening and held a quick auction.
The failure of Washington Mutual is not only the largest on record, it dwarfs the previous record set over 24 years ago when Continental Illinois was shut down. Washington Mutual had $307 billion in assets compared to Continental's $40 billion (or $67.7 billion in 2008 dollars).

"WaMu is a very large institution and its resolutions could have posed significant challenges without a ready buyer," said FDIC chairwoman Sheila Bair.

"Ayy George Bush da weytin you doing to us so oohh... Mama Liberia, I am coming back home yah", Dey Pope
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood : WaMu the 'Largest Bank Failure Ever - I am rushing to my branch this morning to.. Sad
Registration date : 2008-03-31

WaMu the 'Largest Bank Failure Ever - I am rushing to my branch this morning to.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WaMu the 'Largest Bank Failure Ever - I am rushing to my branch this morning to..   WaMu the 'Largest Bank Failure Ever - I am rushing to my branch this morning to.. EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 10:46 pm

hmm.. this thing serious oh
Back to top Go down
rberry

rberry

Male
Number of posts : 437
Registration date : 2008-04-25

PostSubject: Re: WaMu the 'Largest Bank Failure Ever - I am rushing to my branch this morning to..   WaMu the 'Largest Bank Failure Ever - I am rushing to my branch this morning to.. EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 12:50 am

candygirl wrote:
hmm.. this thing serious oh

This is as serious as it can get my dear. For some of us who monitor and invest in the market, it’s dreadful. The current ratio of losers to gainers is currently at 5 to 1, and this ratio will take a tool on the Dow. Just imagine Washington Mutual shareholders have lost billions due to the failure of this giant financial (S&L) institution.
Back to top Go down
DSP

DSP

Male
Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: WaMu the 'Largest Bank Failure Ever - I am rushing to my branch this morning to..   WaMu the 'Largest Bank Failure Ever - I am rushing to my branch this morning to.. EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 1:34 am

lol da real mama Liberia for true

America coming turn into 3rd world country
Back to top Go down
Sugar

Sugar

Female
Number of posts : 296
My Mood : WaMu the 'Largest Bank Failure Ever - I am rushing to my branch this morning to.. Cheeky
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: WaMu the 'Largest Bank Failure Ever - I am rushing to my branch this morning to..   WaMu the 'Largest Bank Failure Ever - I am rushing to my branch this morning to.. EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 2:31 am

when everybody rush to go take there to go take money out the deck of cards fall even faster
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood : WaMu the 'Largest Bank Failure Ever - I am rushing to my branch this morning to.. Worried
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: WaMu the 'Largest Bank Failure Ever - I am rushing to my branch this morning to..   WaMu the 'Largest Bank Failure Ever - I am rushing to my branch this morning to.. EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 2:38 am

Sugar wrote:
when everybody rush to go take there to go take money out the deck of cards fall even faster

and you know it, American people can panic over every lay thing....most Americans don't even have $1000 cash to their name...every thing da credit here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.liberian-village.com/
Sugar

Sugar

Female
My Mood : WaMu the 'Largest Bank Failure Ever - I am rushing to my branch this morning to.. Cheeky

PostSubject: Re: WaMu the 'Largest Bank Failure Ever - I am rushing to my branch this morning to..   WaMu the 'Largest Bank Failure Ever - I am rushing to my branch this morning to.. EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 2:53 am

While I here talking plenty lemme go check ING stock price yah. Can you imagine if you had to put your $$ under the mattress. Nobody will be spending time over my hover to my house...lol
Back to top Go down
Sugar

Sugar

Female

PostSubject: Re: WaMu the 'Largest Bank Failure Ever - I am rushing to my branch this morning to..   WaMu the 'Largest Bank Failure Ever - I am rushing to my branch this morning to.. EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 3:00 am

oh ok. price=check, rating=check.

GQ, we all rite for today and tru the weekend(unless people lek dey pope dem start trensferring all the money out then my una transfer button on standby) lol.
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male
Number of posts : 1605
Say Whatever : \

PostSubject: Re: WaMu the 'Largest Bank Failure Ever - I am rushing to my branch this morning to..   WaMu the 'Largest Bank Failure Ever - I am rushing to my branch this morning to.. EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 3:04 am

DSP wrote:
lol da real mama Liberia for true

America coming turn into 3rd world country

How dare u compare Liberian and the American economies. Liberia own they don't have enough money too bailout financial institutions like America. The American treasury still have enough money for the smooth operation of the US. This is how they are bailing out these huge private financial institutions.

In Liberia our pepo don't have respect for the tax payer money. They can steal like jimmy ringo for example the recent scandal
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WaMu the 'Largest Bank Failure Ever - I am rushing to my branch this morning to..   WaMu the 'Largest Bank Failure Ever - I am rushing to my branch this morning to.. Empty

Back to top Go down

WaMu the 'Largest Bank Failure Ever - I am rushing to my branch this morning to..
Page 1 of 1