Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY...

Go down 
+4
heru1976
LovinLiberia
Traveller
Geyla Queen
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood : ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY... Worried
Registration date : 2008-03-28

ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY... Empty
PostSubject: ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY...   ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY... EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 6:14 am

Photos: Creepy or Adorable, Reborn Baby Dolls Spark Controversy
By Wendy Cook
Jul 18, 2008
Are Reborn baby dolls creepy little items or are they just adorable life-like dolls that just happen to look exactly like little babies. Reborn Baby Dolls are a big hit for many people that use them for a variety of purposes and they are even being called a cult item. One report from ABC News notes that the dolls have become very popular to some private collectors and the report adds that some nostalgic grandparents and grieving parents are using them as well.

ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY... Reborn_baby_dolls_001
Creepy or Adorable, Reborn Baby Dolls Spark Controversy
That's what many will consider creepy. Will there soon be little celebrity baby look-alikes for the Angelina jolie and Brad Pitt babies? That's not clear yet but that might make it even a bit more scary. The little dolls are so life-like and look so real they have even sparked some controversy and some police action in Australia where cops rescued a doll from a locked car as they believed that it was a real baby that was in trouble.

An earlier report from Lynda Johnson noted that Fox News reported that nearly the same thing happened here in America as well. According to a report from the news service police trying to rescue a "baby" that turned out to be a doll belonging to the owner's wife broke a window of a new Hummer to save the "child." Thankfully it wasn't a baby and that one turned out to be a doll as well.

A link is here to the photos of the little life-like babies that were rescued in Australia. A report from the daily Record of the UK notes that every effort is made to make them seems so real including are noting that the dolls are painted several times to create the mottled color of newborn skin, have mohair hair and eyelashes and are weighted to make them feel as heavy as human babies. What do you think of the life like dolls?
Back to top Go down
http://www.liberian-village.com/
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY...   ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY... EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 6:15 am

Scary Photos: Reborn Baby Dolls Bring Rescue Effort, Fool Police

By Lynda Johnson
Jul 16, 2008
For many people, Reborn baby dolls are just plain creepy. Others believe they are incredible and love to collect the lifelike dolls. They look so much like a real little baby that they have even fooled the police. That was the case in Australia where police smashed though a window in a locked automobile to rescue a seemingly unconscious baby. The baby wasn't real; it was a reborn baby doll.

ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY... Reborn_baby_dolls
Reborn Baby Dolls Bring Rescue Effort, Fool Police
Vynette Cernik had more than one of the reborn baby dolls in her car when the police were alerted that there might be a little infant in trouble in a car, as he wasn't moving. Of course he wasn't moving as he was a doll. Still cops acted and likely did the right thing as these little toys are just so lifelike it is hard to tell.

Fox News is reporting that nearly the same thing happened in the US as well. According to a report from the news service police trying to rescue a "baby" that turned out to be a doll belonging to the owner's wife broke a window of a new Hummer to save the "child." Thankfully it wasn't a baby, that one turned out to be a doll as well.

These dolls sell for up to $1,000 Shocked and the painstakingly hand-painted dolls were so lifelike with eyelashes, fingernails, milk spots and wispy hair that they fool people all the time. They look so real. See a photo of Vynette Cernik and her dolls here. It's a scary photo, they look like two ,ittle sleeping babies. "They're even weighted to feel like a baby's weight and they flop like a baby," she said.
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY...   ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY... EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 6:17 am

ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY... 0,,6147588,00
Sleep tight: Vynette Cernik and two of her lifelike 'reborn' baby dolls.
Picture: John Wilson.

VYNETTE Cernik's dolls are so lifelike they are often mistaken for the real thing.
Last week, frantic police smashed a window to rescue a seemingly unconscious baby from a locked car - only to find one of Ms Cernik's "reborn" baby dolls.
Selling for up to $1000, the hand-painted dolls have eyelashes, fingernails, milk spots and wispy hair.

"They're even weighted to feel like a baby's weight, and they flop like a baby," Ms Cernik said.
Some dolls even come with an umbilical cord and their own birth certificate.
"They are so realistic, people do become attached to them," Ms Cernik said.
"You don't stop playing with dolls because you grow old. You grow old because you stop playing with dolls.

"People do have to be careful when they go out with them. I tell them to hold them properly, not dangle them by one leg or something, because other people do think they are real babies and become alarmed."

Ms Cernik suggested owners put warning cards on the dolls left in cars.
Sen-Sgt Phil Edwards, of Gympie police in central Queensland, said last week's incident was frightening.

"It was incredibly lifelike," he said, agreeing that warning cards were a good idea.

Last edited by Geyla Queen on Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male
Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2008-04-25

PostSubject: Re: ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY...   ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY... EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 6:18 am

Shocked
Back to top Go down
LovinLiberia

LovinLiberia

Female
Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY...   ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY... EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 6:25 am

I second that Shocked . They do look pretty real...how creepy.
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY...   ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY... EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 6:32 am

But why would you want a doll like this...da dey whole thing...it certainly not for a kid to play with...at that price tag.
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY...   ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY... EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 6:52 am

Geyla Queen wrote:

"They're even weighted to feel like a baby's weight, and they flop like a baby," Ms Cernik said.
Some dolls even come with an umbilical cord Shocked and their own birth certificate Shocked .
"They are so realistic, people do become attached to them Shocked ," Ms Cernik said.
"You don't stop playing with dolls because you grow old (yes you do). You grow old because you stop playing with dolls.

This is just sick...why would a grown ass person be in the street with a fake doll ...I sware white people......dey just giving those pedophiles something else to add to their sexual fantasies. angry1 angry1 angry1
Back to top Go down
heru1976

heru1976

Female
Number of posts : 478
My Mood : ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY... Confused
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY...   ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY... EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 7:35 am

I have seen it all today. This is crazy. Shocked No
Back to top Go down
cajun2k2

cajun2k2

Female
Number of posts : 190
Say Whatever : Back home!!!
My Mood : ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY... Bookworm
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Re: ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY...   ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY... EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 2:09 pm

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Edina

Edina

Female
Number of posts : 589
My Mood : ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY... Tolerant
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY...   ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY... EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 3:44 pm

Oh! Oh! Goodness! Knock me over with a feather! Why would anyone want a 'reborn'. (Even If they lost their baby)
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female
Number of posts : 2224
Say Whatever : Luv me as I am cuz u can't be me and I can't and don't wanna be u!
My Mood : ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY... Sad
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY...   ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY... EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 5:58 am

it too crazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy and creppppppppppppppppppy for me.
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY...   ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY... EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 6:20 pm

hm... i wouldnt mind having one though...
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY...   ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY... EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 7:15 pm

candygirl wrote:
hm... i wouldnt mind having one though...

Rolling EyesShocked to do what with it scratch
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY...   ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY... EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 7:21 pm

why do people have dolls?
or barbies..? or those expensive collectible dolls? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY...   ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY... EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 7:27 pm

candygirl wrote:

you still want play with doll baby Candy Rolling Eyes, this one da na nothing to collect....you want the one with the umbilical cord too huh...how nasty Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY...   ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY... EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 7:30 pm

ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY... Doll-1 <--this is the doll you collect or play with.
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY...   ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY... EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 7:33 pm

Geyla Queen wrote:
candygirl wrote:

you still want play with doll baby Candy Rolling Eyes, this one da na nothing to collect....you want the one with the umbilical cord too huh...how nasty Rolling Eyes

girl, i STILL play video, why wont i collect dolls? esp with jasmine coming soon th_yes-1 : smile_tongue , i stocking up for her.
and no, it wont have the cord and all that part if i were to get one.. just look natural and cute. thats all.
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY...   ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY... EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 7:34 pm

Geyla Queen wrote:
ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY... Doll-1 <--this is the doll you collect or play with.

no, not necessarily play with.. collect. there is a difference, you know
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY...   ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY... EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 9:09 pm

candygirl wrote:
Geyla Queen wrote:
candygirl wrote:

girl, i STILL play video, why wont i collect dolls? esp with jasmine coming soon th_yes-1 : smile_tongue , i stocking up for her.
and no, it wont have the cord and all that part if i were to get one.. just look natural and cute. thats all.

candy I pay those games too....and playing with dolls with your kids da different thing. These people are using there dolls for other things...when you collect dolls or anything you consider of value... you put them in a case so it don't get dirty and so nobody can touch it.....you don't carry it around with you in public Rolling Eyes

But you entitled to you opinion...just know that I na buying it for you th_no
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY...   ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY... Empty

Back to top Go down

ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Liberian-Village :: Main Room: The Village-
Jump to: