Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WELL, A FOLLOW UP ABOUT IF....Well, they just got divorced.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gadyu

gadyu

Male
Number of posts : 2243
Say Whatever : “Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the tru
My Mood : WELL, A FOLLOW UP ABOUT IF....Well, they just got divorced. Flirty
Registration date : 2008-04-10

WELL, A FOLLOW UP ABOUT IF....Well, they just got divorced. Empty
PostSubject: WELL, A FOLLOW UP ABOUT IF....Well, they just got divorced.   WELL, A FOLLOW UP ABOUT IF....Well, they just got divorced. EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 6:06 am

http://www.jenbekman.com/artists/nina_berman/?gallery=other&image=nina_berman_marine_wedding

Jenbekman.com

Does anyone remember the story of Tyler and Renee Ziegel? He, the young Marine maimed and horribly disfigured in Iraq, she, the high school sweetheart who stood by his side and married him when he returned. It was one of those inspiring love stories that helped ease the pain of the war.

Well, they just got divorced.

In a nine page story by Ariel Leve in The Times Online, the writer travels to the small Midwestern town in Illinois to interview the friends and family members of the couple. It's easy for Renee to come across as the villainess in this tale, but in reality, it sounds like they succumbed to the normal pressures that young married couples face, except their issues were compounded by his continuing health problems and post traumatic stress syndrome. Sadly, there's not much of a lesson to be learned in this tragedy, except that to my mind, it simply reiterates the fact that soldiers and their families need access to all the best health care and counseling the government can certainly provide.

Oh yes, and I have another suggestion: Let's bring our troops home.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bushchicken.com
SirDurendal

Male
Number of posts : 6
My Mood : WELL, A FOLLOW UP ABOUT IF....Well, they just got divorced. Mellow
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: WELL, A FOLLOW UP ABOUT IF....Well, they just got divorced.   WELL, A FOLLOW UP ABOUT IF....Well, they just got divorced. EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 6:40 am

There isn't enough focus to both run the war and take care of the poor suckers(patriots) they bring back, time and time again you read stories of how family members had to go the extra mile up to and including harassing Congress itself just to get their family member decent psych treatments, what happens to those who don't have anyone or whose families don't have the connections or the drive to keep agitating. They just fade away, just like the Old Soldier adage.

The Invicible PTSD Soldier.
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female
Number of posts : 2224
Say Whatever : Luv me as I am cuz u can't be me and I can't and don't wanna be u!
My Mood : WELL, A FOLLOW UP ABOUT IF....Well, they just got divorced. Sad
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: WELL, A FOLLOW UP ABOUT IF....Well, they just got divorced.   WELL, A FOLLOW UP ABOUT IF....Well, they just got divorced. EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 8:13 am

G, you angry with this on ehn? dont blame u cuz i think they need to bring those guys home too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WELL, A FOLLOW UP ABOUT IF....Well, they just got divorced.   WELL, A FOLLOW UP ABOUT IF....Well, they just got divorced. Empty

Back to top Go down

WELL, A FOLLOW UP ABOUT IF....Well, they just got divorced.
Page 1 of 1