Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gran, 70, gives birth to twins

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood : Gran, 70, gives birth to twins Worried
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Gran, 70, gives birth to twins Empty
PostSubject: Gran, 70, gives birth to twins   Gran, 70, gives birth to twins EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 3:45 am

A 70-YEAR-OLD Indian woman has become the world’s oldest mum after giving birth to twins.
Thursday, July 03, 2008

Omkari Panwar, the wife of a retired farmer, delivered a boy and girl by caesarean section on Friday.

The frail pensioner, who has two adult daughters and five grandchildren, underwent IVF treatment to produce a male heir to the family’s smallholdings.

Gran, 70, gives birth to twins Oldestmum_03_180_523361a
Mum ... Omkari Panwar, 70

Her husband, Charan Singh Panwar, 77, mortgaged his land, sold his buffalos, spent his life savings and took out a credit card loan to finance the treatment.

“At last we have a son and heir,” he said. “We prayed to God, went to saints and visited religious places to pray for an heir.

“We kept no stone unturned and God has rewarded us. The treatment cost me a fortune but the birth of a son makes it all worthwhile. I can die a happy man and a proud father.”

Record
The twins, born one-month premature and weighing only two pounds each are healthy and expected to survive, according to doctors at Jaswant Roy Speciality Hospital.

Gran, 70, gives birth to twins Oldestmum_02_180_523358a
Family ... Omkari and relatives

Omkari, who has no birth certificate and does not know the day she was born, uses the date of India’s independence in 1947 to guess her age. She said she was nine when the British Raj left India meaning she is now 70.

She lives in Muzaffarnagar, seven hours drive north of the capital New Delhi.

Romanian Adriana Iliescu, who gave birth to a daughter, aged 66 in 2005, is the world’s previous oldest mother.

After being told she had beaten the record by four years, Omkari said: “If I am the world’s oldest mother it means nothing to me. I just want to see my new babies and care for them while I am still able.”

Gynaecologist Nisha Malik, who performed an emergency operation on the 70-year-old said: “I was shocked when this old lady told me she was pregnant. I have been practising medicine for 20 years and I have never heard of such a case.”
Back to top Go down
http://www.liberian-village.com/
LovinLiberia

LovinLiberia

Female
Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Gran, 70, gives birth to twins   Gran, 70, gives birth to twins EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 5:41 am

Gran, 70, gives birth to twins Huh Why did my mind go back to the "grandparents having sex" thread? That was a great risk at her age, but I'm glad the babies came out healthy in the end.
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female
Number of posts : 2224
Say Whatever : Luv me as I am cuz u can't be me and I can't and don't wanna be u!
My Mood : Gran, 70, gives birth to twins Sad
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Gran, 70, gives birth to twins   Gran, 70, gives birth to twins EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 6:55 am

oh cuz i was ready to ask how is that possible but since it was IVF yeah, but still it must have been very risky
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gran, 70, gives birth to twins   Gran, 70, gives birth to twins Empty

Back to top Go down

Gran, 70, gives birth to twins
Page 1 of 1