Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SQUATTING VERSUS SITTING ON THE COMMODE

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
gadyu

gadyu

Male
Number of posts : 2243
Say Whatever : “Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the tru
My Mood : SQUATTING VERSUS SITTING ON THE COMMODE Flirty
Registration date : 2008-04-10

SQUATTING VERSUS SITTING ON THE COMMODE Empty
PostSubject: SQUATTING VERSUS SITTING ON THE COMMODE   SQUATTING VERSUS SITTING ON THE COMMODE EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 1:46 am

I don't know where they got it, but I went to visit this one home and almost everybody squat on the toilet. Is it new or what? Don't ask me how I know, I know.

I know because back in the day, when I worked with the UN in Maryland and Grand Kru counties, I got used to squatting in the bushes so much that when I returned to Monrovia for vacations, I would squat on the toilet.

But, what explains people here doing the same thing.

I asked an Asian friend about it at work, and she said that the axis of the body welcomes squatting as compared to sitting and that in her coutry, most if not all squat to use the toilet when poopoonee.

Well, just some useless info for those who do it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bushchicken.com
Traveller

Traveller

Male
Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2008-04-25

PostSubject: Re: SQUATTING VERSUS SITTING ON THE COMMODE   SQUATTING VERSUS SITTING ON THE COMMODE EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 1:48 am

Funny you should mention this. When I went to Grad Cess, squatting was how I was taught to relieve myself. Can't imagine trying to do that now though. One might slip off the commode and the results could be ......pretty messy.
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female
Number of posts : 2224
Say Whatever : Luv me as I am cuz u can't be me and I can't and don't wanna be u!
My Mood : SQUATTING VERSUS SITTING ON THE COMMODE Sad
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: SQUATTING VERSUS SITTING ON THE COMMODE   SQUATTING VERSUS SITTING ON THE COMMODE EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 2:13 am

which ever is more conffy for u i would say but be sure its the safest one also.
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood : SQUATTING VERSUS SITTING ON THE COMMODE Worried
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: SQUATTING VERSUS SITTING ON THE COMMODE   SQUATTING VERSUS SITTING ON THE COMMODE EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 2:34 am

Traveller wrote:
Funny you should mention this. When I went to Grad Cess, squatting was how I was taught to relieve myself. Can't imagine trying to do that now though. One might slip off the commode and the results could be ......pretty messy.

th_ROFLMAO th_ROFLMAO
Back to top Go down
http://www.liberian-village.com/
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: SQUATTING VERSUS SITTING ON THE COMMODE   SQUATTING VERSUS SITTING ON THE COMMODE EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 2:49 am

LadyFlo wrote:
which ever is more conffy for u i would say but be sure its the safest one also.

Me I don't know anything about squatting th_mrgreen. It's bad enough that the water at times can splash on your butt while you sitting....then I na squat so it can be a bigger splash...I don't think so..I'll sit---> SQUATTING VERSUS SITTING ON THE COMMODE Restroom1
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: SQUATTING VERSUS SITTING ON THE COMMODE   SQUATTING VERSUS SITTING ON THE COMMODE EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 2:55 am

Geyla Queen wrote:
...............It's bad enough that the water at times can splash on your butt while you sitting....then I na squat so it can be a bigger splash...

But I thought that woman liked that other thing in the bathroom that squirts water up? I never knew what that thing was for.
Back to top Go down
heru1976

heru1976

Female
Number of posts : 478
My Mood : SQUATTING VERSUS SITTING ON THE COMMODE Confused
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: SQUATTING VERSUS SITTING ON THE COMMODE   SQUATTING VERSUS SITTING ON THE COMMODE EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 3:20 am

Traveller wrote:
Geyla Queen wrote:
...............It's bad enough that the water at times can splash on your butt while you sitting....then I na squat so it can be a bigger splash...

But I thought that woman liked that other thing in the bathroom that squirts water up? I never knew what that thing was for.

Its called a bade. I have used it before and it feels funny. :)
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female
Number of posts : 2224
Say Whatever : Luv me as I am cuz u can't be me and I can't and don't wanna be u!
My Mood : SQUATTING VERSUS SITTING ON THE COMMODE Sad
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: SQUATTING VERSUS SITTING ON THE COMMODE   SQUATTING VERSUS SITTING ON THE COMMODE EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 3:27 am

heru1976 wrote:
Traveller wrote:
Geyla Queen wrote:

Its called a bade. I have used it before and it feels funny. :)

well i haven't tried it cuz i figure its gonna feel funny for somethimg that send water up ur behind. th_mrgreen
Back to top Go down
gadyu

gadyu

Male
Say Whatever : “Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the tru

PostSubject: Re: SQUATTING VERSUS SITTING ON THE COMMODE   SQUATTING VERSUS SITTING ON THE COMMODE EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 3:32 am

Well, it is actually a bidet. My grand ma had it in her bathroom and I thought it was a fountain, since it looked almost like one at JJ RUMS.

1. Use the toilet first. The purpose of the bidet is to help clean off after toilet use. While some people believe that using a bidet is a hygienic substitute for toilet paper, many choose to use both.
  2. Straddle the bidet. On most standalone bidets you can either face the bidet's water controls or you can face away from them, as you would on a toilet. It is easier to control the flow and temperature of the water if you face the controls, but if you are wearing pants you will generally need to remove them in order to straddle the bidet in this manner. There are a variety of bidet designs, so the configuration of the jets and the area of your body that you wish to clean may dictate which way you need to face.
  3. SQUATTING VERSUS SITTING ON THE COMMODE 200px-Bidet2_89
    Adjust the temperature and jet strengths for comfort. If the bidet has both hot and cold water controls, start by turning on the hot water. Once it's hot, add the cold water until you have a comfortable temperature. (In normally hot climates, such as the middle east, you should start with the cold water. The water will not need time to heat up and you may end up burning sensitive areas if you turn the hot water on first.)
Back to top Go down
heru1976

heru1976

Female
Number of posts : 478
My Mood : SQUATTING VERSUS SITTING ON THE COMMODE Confused
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: SQUATTING VERSUS SITTING ON THE COMMODE   SQUATTING VERSUS SITTING ON THE COMMODE EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 3:33 am

gadyu wrote:
Well, it is actually a bidet.

1. Use the toilet first. The purpose of the bidet is to help clean off after toilet use. While some people believe that using a bidet is a hygienic substitute for toilet paper, many choose to use both.
  2. Straddle the bidet. On most standalone bidets you can either face the bidet's water controls or you can face away from them, as you would on a toilet. It is easier to control the flow and temperature of the water if you face the controls, but if you are wearing pants you will generally need to remove them in order to straddle the bidet in this manner. There are a variety of bidet designs, so the configuration of the jets and the area of your body that you wish to clean may dictate which way you need to face.
  3. SQUATTING VERSUS SITTING ON THE COMMODE 200px-Bidet2_89
    Adjust the temperature and jet strengths for comfort. If the bidet has both hot and cold water controls, start by turning on the hot water. Once it's hot, add the cold water until you have a comfortable temperature. (In normally hot climates, such as the middle east, you should start with the cold water. The water will not need time to heat up and you may end up burning sensitive areas if you turn the hot water on first.)

Thanks I wasn't sure of the spelling.
Back to top Go down
gadyu

gadyu

Male

PostSubject: Re: SQUATTING VERSUS SITTING ON THE COMMODE   SQUATTING VERSUS SITTING ON THE COMMODE EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 3:37 am

For those who are not acquainted with it, it can also be used as fountain if you are a somnambulist.
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: SQUATTING VERSUS SITTING ON THE COMMODE   SQUATTING VERSUS SITTING ON THE COMMODE EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 3:46 am

Wow!
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: SQUATTING VERSUS SITTING ON THE COMMODE   SQUATTING VERSUS SITTING ON THE COMMODE EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 3:46 am

gadyu wrote:
For those who are not acquainted with it, it can also be used as fountain if you are a somnambulist.

th_lies
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: SQUATTING VERSUS SITTING ON THE COMMODE   SQUATTING VERSUS SITTING ON THE COMMODE EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 3:47 am

Traveller wrote:
Wow!

I know right lol!
Back to top Go down
gadyu

gadyu

Male

PostSubject: Re: SQUATTING VERSUS SITTING ON THE COMMODE   SQUATTING VERSUS SITTING ON THE COMMODE EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 4:23 am

DISCLOSURE: If you are a somnambulist, you can do that. Chay!!! lol:lol!:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SQUATTING VERSUS SITTING ON THE COMMODE   SQUATTING VERSUS SITTING ON THE COMMODE Empty

Back to top Go down

SQUATTING VERSUS SITTING ON THE COMMODE
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Liberian-Village :: Main Room: The Village-
Jump to: