Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Villagers Worship Baby Born With 2 Faces in Liberia

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
gadyu

gadyu

Male
Number of posts : 2243
Say Whatever : “Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the tru
My Mood : Villagers Worship Baby Born With 2 Faces in Liberia Flirty
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Villagers Worship Baby Born With 2 Faces in Liberia Empty
PostSubject: Villagers Worship Baby Born With 2 Faces in Liberia   Villagers Worship Baby Born With 2 Faces in Liberia EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 3:20 am

Villagers Worship Baby Born With 2 Faces in Liberia Two-facesx-large
SAINI SUNPURA, India (April 8) - A baby with two faces was born in a northern Indian village, where she is doing well and is being worshipped as the reincarnation of a Hindu goddess, her father said Tuesday.

Gurinder Osan, AP

Although the baby's condition can be linked to serious complications, her doctor said she is doing well and doesn't see a need for surgery.

The baby, Lali, apparently has an extremely rare condition known as craniofacial duplication, where a single head has two faces. Except for her ears, all of Lali's facial features are duplicated - she has two noses, two pairs of lips and two pairs of eyes.

"My daughter is fine - like any other child," said Vinod Singh, 23, a poor farm worker.

Lali has caused a sensation in the dusty village of Saini Sunpura, 25 miles east of New Delhi. When she left the hospital, eight hours after a normal delivery on March 11, she was swarmed by villagers, said Sabir Ali, the director of Saifi Hospital.

"She drinks milk from her two mouths and opens and shuts all the four eyes at one time," Ali said.

Rural India is deeply superstitious and the little girl is being hailed as a return of the Hindu goddess of valor, Durga, a fiery deity traditionally depicted with three eyes and many arms.

Up to 100 people have been visiting Lali at her home every day to touch her feet out of respect, offer money and receive blessings, Singh told The Associated Press.

"Lali is God's gift to us," said Jaipal Singh, a member of the local village council. "She has brought fame to our village."

Village chief Daulat Ram said he planned to build a temple to Durga in the village.

"I am writing to the state government to provide money to build the temple and help the parents look after their daughter," Ram said.

Lali's condition is often linked to serious health complications, but the doctor said she was doing well.

"She is leading a normal life with no breathing difficulties," said Ali, adding that he saw no need for surgery.

Lali's parents were married in February 2007. Lali is their first child.

Singh said he took his daughter to a hospital in New Delhi where doctors suggested a CT scan to determine whether her internal organs were normal, but Singh said he felt it was unnecessary.

"I don't feel the need of that at this stage as my daughter is behaving like a normal child, posing no problems," he said.

Villagers Worship Baby Born With 2 Faces in Liberia 20080408103209990002 Gurinder Osan, AP

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. All active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.

2008-04-08 10:09:38
Back to top Go down
http://www.bushchicken.com
Edina

Edina

Female
Number of posts : 589
My Mood : Villagers Worship Baby Born With 2 Faces in Liberia Tolerant

PostSubject: Re: Villagers Worship Baby Born With 2 Faces in Liberia   Villagers Worship Baby Born With 2 Faces in Liberia EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 3:33 am

Aye Gadyu! When i saw LIBERIA.........
Back to top Go down
gadyu

gadyu

Male
Number of posts : 2243
Say Whatever : “Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the tru
My Mood : Villagers Worship Baby Born With 2 Faces in Liberia Flirty

PostSubject: Re: Villagers Worship Baby Born With 2 Faces in Liberia   Villagers Worship Baby Born With 2 Faces in Liberia EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 3:49 am

Well, we fighting for viewership, lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.bushchicken.com
Edina

Edina

Female
Number of posts : 589
My Mood : Villagers Worship Baby Born With 2 Faces in Liberia Tolerant

PostSubject: Re: Villagers Worship Baby Born With 2 Faces in Liberia   Villagers Worship Baby Born With 2 Faces in Liberia EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 3:53 am

Ahh, I see. Laughing
Back to top Go down
HB***

HB***

Male
Number of posts : 262
My Mood : Villagers Worship Baby Born With 2 Faces in Liberia Lurking
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Villagers Worship Baby Born With 2 Faces in Liberia   Villagers Worship Baby Born With 2 Faces in Liberia EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 9:30 am

You boi...you back with your crackiness agin ehh?....hahahaha....i swear you can make people laugh ohh...
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood : Villagers Worship Baby Born With 2 Faces in Liberia Sad
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Villagers Worship Baby Born With 2 Faces in Liberia   Villagers Worship Baby Born With 2 Faces in Liberia EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 6:01 pm

can they operate on her??? aye.. i saw one few weeks back of the twins... one pair of legs... but from the wasit up, every thin two
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Villagers Worship Baby Born With 2 Faces in Liberia   Villagers Worship Baby Born With 2 Faces in Liberia Empty

Back to top Go down

Villagers Worship Baby Born With 2 Faces in Liberia
Page 1 of 1