Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE

Go down 
+2
candygirl
gadyu
6 posters
AuthorMessage
gadyu

gadyu

Male
Number of posts : 2243
Say Whatever : “Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the tru
My Mood : MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE Flirty
Registration date : 2008-04-10

MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE Empty
PostSubject: MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE IN LIBERIA   MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE EmptyWed May 21, 2008 10:46 pm

MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE Copy_of_s6301654q MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE IN LIBERIA by Stanford Peabody
21-05-2008

The Ministry of Internal Affairs has submitted a crisis report to the President of Liberia concerning the deaths and destruction of property brought about by the dispute between the people of Wetchuken and Rocktown in Maryland County in Liberia.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bushchicken.com
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood : MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE Sad
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE   MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE EmptyWed May 21, 2008 10:47 pm

gadyu wrote:

MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE Copy_of_s6301654q MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE IN LIBERIA by Stanford Peabody
21-05-2008

The Ministry of Internal Affairs has submitted a crisis report to the President of Liberia concerning the deaths and destruction of property brought about by the dispute between the people of Wetchuken and Rocktown in Maryland County in Liberia.

Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female
Number of posts : 2224
Say Whatever : Luv me as I am cuz u can't be me and I can't and don't wanna be u!
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE   MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE EmptyWed May 21, 2008 10:49 pm

ah ah dey nah start again???????
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood : MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE Worried
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE   MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE EmptyWed May 21, 2008 10:51 pm

MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE IN LIBERIA by Stanford Peabody
Posted on 21-05-2008

TWO OF SEVERAL DEAD IN CLASHES/MACHETES USED IN THE FIGHT
In an email received by the BC from the superintendent of Maryland County, Sie - Teba Neufville and addressed to the Maryland county association in the US, the superintendent said, "We share with you our sincere condolence, and, through you, the rest of the membership of NAMCAL and MFP for this unfortunate and regrettable development in our county's history. We therefore wish to share with you and your institutions a copy of the report we made to the President of Liberia.

We definitely need your support and prayers. Many thanks for your concern. We shall keep you updated.
In response to the superintendent's email, the NAMCAL president, Roberta Brown then noted that, "A call was received last night from Senator John Ballout who was in Rocktown to assure us that the crisis in Maryland County is calm as they begin to bring consolation to the families who lost loved ones and broker peace amongst both towns.
Continuing, she wrote, "The senator said he spent Sunday night in Wartchuken with the families of the of the victims killed to appeal for peace and calm. He also visited the wounded at the hospital but were released yesterday. The Senator traveled to Rocktown yesterday to appeal to its citizens for unity and peace. He said, "I am hopeful out of this tragedy unity and peace will prevail which will make the County stronger."
Senator Ballout has urged Superintendent Neufville to forward a copy of a detail report so we have an understanding on what has taken place in our County."
The report sent describes the people of Wetchuken and Rocktown of having a long history of co-existence, and further goes on to describe the murderous incident as an isolated one. The report further encourages the president to carefully and promptly address the issue in order to maintain and improve the long standing relationship, or else the situation could fester or detiorate.
The report provides a summary of what transpired on the days of May 8 and 9th between the two tribal groups. The dispute according to the crisis report is said to have emanated from the use of land and the payment of rent by one group. The report details how one tribal group had gone on a rampage of destruction of farm crops and then how the other group had gathered together to revenge, all due to the failure of rent paid for the use of land.
The two groups which then briefly engaged each other in a wild frenzy of wielding machetes and use of single barrel guns, left a number of people dead and several injured.
According to the report, the chief of Wetchuken had not provided leadership during the crisis and had knowingly led his people into carnage.
The committee, which wrote up the report, then asked the president not to use the traditional process to resolve the issue but to assemble a committee to look into the conflict and provide a course of sustainable action.
The report also mentioned some government officials who have been accused of fomenting trouble within the area to usurp the authority of the local government and make the area appear ungovernable. Those mentioned are Julley Howe, National Bureau of Investigation Regional Commander and Gen Samuel B Moore, Local Aide de Camp to the President.
The Ministry’s recommendation to the president stated that the two officials mentioned above should either be relieved of their posts or transferred to different stations. The Ministry also recommends speedy trial of all those accused to ensure that peace and stability are not threatened, and to make sure that the government’s case is pressed against the perpetrators.
The last recommendation to the president urged that the government hasten the land reform issues in several areas in Rock Town and Big Town, Fish Town and Nemiah of Grand Kru, Gbololu and Gbewein and Nemiah of Grand Kru, and Warteken and Dorrobo of Maryland county and Nyenebo of River Gee.
Recently at an event in Liberia, The president of Liberia observed that the issue of land was becoming complicated to the extent that people are in the habit of selling the same parcel of land to more than one person.
She said the sale of lands in this manner has been one of the major causes of land disputes. "That's one of the things the government is going to do to set this land business straight", she maintained.
She assured that the government would adopt best practices from those that have undergone land reform from around the world to ensure that the process does not spark off controversy.
Political analysts have noted that land reform and issues may serve as a trigger for the next war if sustainable actions are not taken to resolve issues like the one that occurred in Maryland.
http://www.bushchicken.com/news.php?news_id=1018&start=0&category_id=4&parent_id=0&arcyear=&arcmonth=

Last edited by Geyla Queen on Wed May 21, 2008 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.liberian-village.com/
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE   MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE EmptyWed May 21, 2008 10:52 pm

LadyFlo wrote:
ah ah dey nah start again???????

I know right... Shocked Shocked at the picture
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female
Say Whatever : Luv me as I am cuz u can't be me and I can't and don't wanna be u!

PostSubject: Re: MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE   MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE EmptyWed May 21, 2008 11:21 pm

they say the government comin establish some commission for land disputes but who know if that will help the situation
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female

PostSubject: Re: MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE   MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE EmptyWed May 21, 2008 11:24 pm

we'll just wait and see.. but in the main time people are still killin each other on that side...
Back to top Go down
gadyu

gadyu

Male
Say Whatever : “Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the tru

PostSubject: Re: MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE   MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE EmptyWed May 21, 2008 11:32 pm

For land....
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE   MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE EmptyThu May 22, 2008 12:01 am

thats how wars start...
land, money and woman
Back to top Go down
gadyu

gadyu

Male

PostSubject: Re: MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE   MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE EmptyThu May 22, 2008 12:03 am

You got to put the woman on the land ....
That is how they make children, and then support with money.
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE   MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE EmptyThu May 22, 2008 12:03 am

candygirl wrote:
thats how wars start...
land, money and woman

in that order : smile_tongue ?
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female

PostSubject: Re: MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE   MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE EmptyThu May 22, 2008 1:11 am

Geyla Queen wrote:
candygirl wrote:
thats how wars start...
land, money and woman

in that order : smile_tongue ?

i'm not sure its in that order... Candy... its more like reverse
woman, money and land th_mrgreen
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE   MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE EmptyThu May 22, 2008 1:30 am

hahaha... ok, woman, money and land
hahha
Back to top Go down
Edina

Edina

Female
Number of posts : 589
My Mood : MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE Tolerant

PostSubject: Re: MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE   MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE EmptyThu May 22, 2008 1:33 am

aye mehn..... : smile_sad
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female

PostSubject: Re: MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE   MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE EmptyThu May 22, 2008 2:10 am

thats true
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female

PostSubject: Re: MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE   MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE EmptyThu May 22, 2008 3:03 am

Evil or Very Mad Sad Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
KWAME

KWAME

Male
Number of posts : 36
My Mood : MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE Angelic
Registration date : 2008-04-25

PostSubject: Re: MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE   MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE EmptyThu May 22, 2008 4:33 am

candygirl wrote:
gadyu wrote:

21-05-2008

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Bor whatin here Sexually explicit? Should have been GRAPHIC... Sad
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE   MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE EmptyThu May 22, 2008 4:58 am

KWAME wrote:
candygirl wrote:
gadyu wrote:

21-05-2008

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Bor whatin here Sexually explicit? Should have been GRAPHIC... Sad

da dey same thing I said oh....gadyu just want people to come read his article da all smile_approve ...I coming change it th_mrgreen
Back to top Go down
gadyu

gadyu

Male

PostSubject: Re: MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE   MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE EmptyThu May 22, 2008 5:10 am

Hahahahahahaaa!!! So so Calaybullay people....
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE   MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE EmptyThu May 22, 2008 5:12 am

gadyu wrote:
Hahahahahahaaa!!! So so Calaybullay people....

th_ROFLMAO
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE   MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE Empty

Back to top Go down

MARYLAND CRISIS REPORT PAINTS DEADLY PICTURE OF LAND DISPUTE
Page 1 of 1