Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Just saw "Waitress" starring Keri Russell

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sugar

Sugar

Female
Number of posts : 296
My Mood : Just saw "Waitress" starring Keri Russell Cheeky
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Just saw "Waitress" starring Keri Russell Empty
PostSubject: Just saw "Waitress" starring Keri Russell   Just saw "Waitress" starring Keri Russell EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 12:11 pm

Quirky little movie but I enjoyed it. Sadly, the director Adrienne Shelly(who also stars in the film) was found murdered in her apartment before her film was even released.
Back to top Go down
Nica

Nica

Female
Number of posts : 1026
Say Whatever : Yes We Did!
My Mood : Just saw "Waitress" starring Keri Russell Mellow
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Just saw "Waitress" starring Keri Russell   Just saw "Waitress" starring Keri Russell EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 12:24 pm

What was that one about?
Back to top Go down
http://www.apublicsecret.com
Sugar

Sugar

Female
Number of posts : 296
My Mood : Just saw "Waitress" starring Keri Russell Cheeky
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Just saw "Waitress" starring Keri Russell   Just saw "Waitress" starring Keri Russell EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 3:12 am

About the movie Waitress

Just saw "Waitress" starring Keri Russell Jenna2

Discuss Waitress
Click Here

Genre: Drama / Romance / Comedy
Jenna (Keri Russell) is trapped in an unhappy marriage with a controlling,
jealous husband and the last thing she wants is a baby, so when she discovers she has fallen pregnant, she’s terrified of what the future holds.
In an effort to escape her husband, Jenna saves what money she can by working at Joe’s Diner where she creates amazing pies which she names after circumstances in her life like “I-Don’t-Want-Earl’s-Baby Pie”; “I-Hate-My-Husband Pie”; and “Falling-in-Love Pie”.
Jenna finds support in her friends Becky (Cheryl Hines) and Dawn (Adrienne Shelly), working southern women trying to make the most out of the little they’ve been given in life and Old Joe (Andy Griffith), who owns the pie shop where Jenna works.
Things seem hopeless for Jenna and dreams of a better life lost until she meets gynecologist Dr. Pomatter (Nathan Fillion),
a good looking man who treats her with love, generosity and simple kindness. He’s handsome. He’s kind. He’s neurotic. He’s married.
Waitress was inspired by writer/director Adrienne Shelly’s own feelings while she was pregnant with daughter Sophie. Adrienne shared with an on-set videographer, “I was about eight months pregnant, and I was really scared about the idea of having a baby. I couldn’t imagine how my life was going to be, that it would change so drastically that I wasn’t even going to recognize myself anymore. I was terrified and I really had never seen that reflected in anything, not in a book or in a movie.” Adrienne went on to express that Waitress is a “love letter to Sophie”.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just saw "Waitress" starring Keri Russell   Just saw "Waitress" starring Keri Russell Empty

Back to top Go down

Just saw "Waitress" starring Keri Russell
Page 1 of 1