Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Nepotism is Nepotism

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bellah

bellah

Male
Number of posts : 1605
Say Whatever : \
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Nepotism is Nepotism Empty
PostSubject: Nepotism is Nepotism   Nepotism is Nepotism EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 12:46 am

After reading Mr. Neufville essay on Nepotism in the Liberian dialogue, I am obliged to join my friend and brother Ralph in debunking his argument. I think the appointment of Robert, Charles and Fumba is nepotistism at it highest level on the part of President Sirleaf. Ralph already said that it was practiced in the US and that progessive leaders have enacted laws to stop such a behavior. I have no problem with the credentials of the President's three sons. The problem I have is the President refusal to provide good governance. I would have thought that she will help to anact law that will pevent any branch of government leadership from appointing their relatives in senior political level position. Their relatives can provide public service to their country through the civil service screening process instead of political appointment. One of the most disturbing act of nepostism exhibited by the President was appointing Robert Sirleaf to serve as advisor to the President, Special Project coordinator and Chairman of the board of NOCAL. How can one man serve in three capacities when there are qualify Liberians in the country who can't find job. Liberians need to wake up from their sleep and pressurize their law makers to help stop bad public policy behavior. I hope Mr. Neufville will call on the President to do things differently in her second term as the Liberians people are watching as well as the international community.
Back to top Go down

Nepotism is Nepotism
Page 1 of 1