Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The use of the Liberian state security apparatus to target political opponents and Rejoinder

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bellah

bellah

Male
Number of posts : 1605
Say Whatever : \
Registration date : 2008-04-03

The use of the Liberian state security apparatus to target political opponents and Rejoinder Empty
PostSubject: The use of the Liberian state security apparatus to target political opponents and Rejoinder   The use of the Liberian state security apparatus to target political opponents and Rejoinder EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 2:18 am

The use of the Liberian state security apparatus to target political opponents.

While this story have not been confirm, we are aware that President Sirleaf’s son who heads the Liberian National Security Agency is in the USA providing information on Liberians (here in the USA and in Liberia) who support the CDC to the FBI; with the hope of establishing some linkage to a crime. While this witch hunting is been carried out, we want to caution the Liberia Government that these very tactics were tried in the past by previous administrations against their political opponents.

If criminalizing their opposition is the only way incumbent African leaders can win re-election, then African democracy is only for the theory books. As the Liberian Imperial President, Madam Sirleaf choose this undemocratic path to silence political opponents, one can only wonder what next.

Kind Regards
Randolph Ben-Davies
Columbia, Maryland, USA
(If you don't STAND for something, you might FALL for anything )
Cell: 443-370-5389
MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR.: True peace is not merely the absence of tension: it is the presence of justice

Ben-Davis,

If you know this much about the NSA Director's mission to the United States, as you narrate below, then you must as well know the names of his targets and the reason(s) behind the mission. Please let us know the names Director Sirleaf is looking for and why. I want to run under my bed if my name is on your list. By the way, how did you get such information that is supposed to be highly classified? Are you a spy inside the NSA?

You see, my friend, politics do not have to travel this kind of rocky road of fueling fears and inciting the citizenry against any individual official and/or the government as a whole. We have had enough fears and anger against past governments along the lines you are traveling AGAIN. We no longer need such situation. I recognize and respect your right to free speech, but I also recognize the need for responsibility in your exercise of such right.

Hate-mongering and fear-mongering through the spread of false information, intentionally designed to pit one group of Liberians against another, got us where we are today. And, that's exactly the same road I see you on. Please STOP IT, and STOP IT RIGHT NOW. We have had enough. When the "s..t" you invite finally hits the fence, you will be in cool and cold America sipping ice cream and eating burgers. Some of us have our families in that place, and we ourselves are returning there. We are not going there to cut and run like you did. We want the place to remain peaceful. If you can't help, do not hurt.

My father once told me, "He who does nothing illegal, such as drug trafficking and money laundering, scares no security dragnet." True or false?

Enjoy your day and stay out of trouble in Maryland. Try to avoid places and houses that are possible targets of drug raids.

Jay Nagbe Sloh
Philadelphia, PA
267 407 2584
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male
Number of posts : 1605
Say Whatever : \
Registration date : 2008-04-03

The use of the Liberian state security apparatus to target political opponents and Rejoinder Empty
PostSubject: Re: The use of the Liberian state security apparatus to target political opponents and Rejoinder   The use of the Liberian state security apparatus to target political opponents and Rejoinder EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 2:19 am

The information is troubling. Strange things happening in Liberia again.
Back to top Go down
Zunu

Zunu

Male
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: The use of the Liberian state security apparatus to target political opponents and Rejoinder   The use of the Liberian state security apparatus to target political opponents and Rejoinder EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 10:29 pm

Sorry big guy. The setting for the alleged story is the United States not Liberia. Mr. James Bestman was arrested at his home in Maryland, USA not in Liberia. Now, if the CDC or anyone feels the FBI arrested Mr. Bestman for political reason, the doors of the American system are wild opened. I am positively sure if there is any iota of truth in Mr. Davis’ allegation, an array high profile of ACLU lawyers will be willing to take the case.

The actual question is what was Mr. Randolph Ben-Davis smoking when he wrote this crap? To think the FBI is interested in their little political game in Monrovia is a hopeless excuse for grown-ups who are unable to take responsibility for their own actions. I rather give consideration a six-years boy who tells his teacher “the dog ate my homework” than pay attention to such a weak urban legend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The use of the Liberian state security apparatus to target political opponents and Rejoinder   The use of the Liberian state security apparatus to target political opponents and Rejoinder Empty

Back to top Go down

The use of the Liberian state security apparatus to target political opponents and Rejoinder
Page 1 of 1