Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Scientific study: Having MORE sex is good!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Traveller

Traveller

Male
Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Scientific study: Having MORE sex is good! Empty
PostSubject: Scientific study: Having MORE sex is good!   Scientific study: Having MORE sex is good! EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 11:53 pm

Study: More sex may help damaged sperm

Reuters – A doctor at the Alma Res fertility clinic in Rome prepares eggs and sperm for an attempt at artificial … By MARIA CHENG, AP Medical Writer Maria Cheng, Ap Medical Writer – Tue Jun 30, 6:41 am ET

LONDON – For men with fertility problems, some doctors are prescribing a very conventional way to have a baby: more sex.
In a study of 118 Australian men with damaged sperm, doctors found that having sex every day for a week significantly reduced the amount of DNA damage in their patients' sperm. Previous studies have linked better sperm quality to higher pregnancy rates.
The research was announced Tuesday at a meeting of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology in Amsterdam.
Dr. David Greening of Sydney IVF, a private fertility clinic in Australia, and colleagues looked at 118 men who had damaged sperm. Greening and colleagues told the men to have sex every day for a week. After seven days, the doctors found that in 81 percent of the men, there was a 12 percent decrease in the amount of damaged sperm.
Many fertility experts suggest men abstain from sex before their partners have in-vitro fertilization, to try to elevate their sperm counts.
Sperm quality can also be improved if men don't smoke, drink moderately, exercise, or get more antioxidants.
Since concluding the study, Greening says he now instructs all couples seeking fertility advice to start by having more sex. "Some of the older men look a little concerned," he said. "But the younger ones seem quite happy about it."
Experts think sex helps reduce the DNA damage in sperm by getting it out of the body quickly; if sperm is in the body for too long, it has a higher chance of getting damaged.
Some experts said that while Greening's research is promising, it doesn't prove that daily sex for men with fertility problems will actually produce more babies.
Greening said he and his colleagues are still analyzing the study data to determine how many women got pregnant.
"Looking at sperm DNA is just one part of the puzzle," said Bill Ledger, a professor of obstetrics and gynecology at the University of Sheffield, who was not connected to the research. "Maybe this will improve pregnancy rates, but we still need to do more studies."
Ledger said instructing couples with infertility problems to have more sex could stress their relationship. "This may add even more anxiety and do more harm than good," he said. He said couples shouldn't feel pressured to adjust their sex lives just for the sake of having a baby.
Greening said the study's findings were ultimately very intuitive. "If you want to have a baby, our advice is to do it often."
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female
Number of posts : 2224
Say Whatever : Luv me as I am cuz u can't be me and I can't and don't wanna be u!
My Mood : Scientific study: Having MORE sex is good! Sad
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Scientific study: Having MORE sex is good!   Scientific study: Having MORE sex is good! EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 3:02 am

duhh... i dont think we needed scientific study to tell us that. lol...
Back to top Go down
gadyu

gadyu

Male
Number of posts : 2243
Say Whatever : “Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the tru
My Mood : Scientific study: Having MORE sex is good! Flirty
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Scientific study: Having MORE sex is good!   Scientific study: Having MORE sex is good! EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 3:04 am

When I played soccer, my coach told me, "The more shot to goal creates the possibility that some will go inside.."

Same idea from a guy coach from New kru Town...Saweh the Great...
Back to top Go down
http://www.bushchicken.com
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood : Scientific study: Having MORE sex is good! Sad
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Scientific study: Having MORE sex is good!   Scientific study: Having MORE sex is good! EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 10:22 pm

why am i not suprised this was ...posted by a man>? th_mrgreen Laughing
Back to top Go down
DSP

DSP

Male
Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Scientific study: Having MORE sex is good!   Scientific study: Having MORE sex is good! EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 12:34 am

candygirl wrote:
why am i not suprised this was ...posted by a man>? th_mrgreen Laughing

so you saying women don't like alot of sex?
Back to top Go down
gadyu

gadyu

Male
Number of posts : 2243
Say Whatever : “Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the tru
My Mood : Scientific study: Having MORE sex is good! Flirty
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Scientific study: Having MORE sex is good!   Scientific study: Having MORE sex is good! EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 12:34 am

A woman sent it to him to post. She said, "Traveller, just to prove my point about what I told you when you said you were tired..."
th_mrgreen
Back to top Go down
http://www.bushchicken.com
Traveller

Traveller

Male
Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2008-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Scientific study: Having MORE sex is good!   Scientific study: Having MORE sex is good! EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 1:02 am

gadyu wrote:
A woman sent it to him to post. She said, "Traveller, just to prove my point about what I told you when you said you were tired..."
th_mrgreen

Thats exactly what happened! smile_tongue
Back to top Go down

Scientific study: Having MORE sex is good!
Page 1 of 1