Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The First Time

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood : The First Time Sad
Registration date : 2008-03-31

The First Time Empty
PostSubject: The First Time   The First Time EmptyWed May 27, 2009 6:57 pm

The First Time
1 Samuel 15:22 (New Living Translation)
22 But Samuel replied, “What is more pleasing to the LORD: your burnt offerings and sacrifices or your obedience to his voice? Listen! Obedience is better than sacrifice, and submission is better than offering the fat of rams.
A few days ago I finally turned my daughters crib into a day bed. The process was very simple. In fact it only required two steps: take off the front rail and then attach the small rails. Piece of cake………..a 15 min job, worst case scenario. Well, two hours later I was putting the sheet on the mattress and putting her to sleep.

What went wrong? I had no distractions, no missing parts, and a step by step instruction manual. What I didn’t have was the frame on right. Some how when I originally put the crib together I missed the two large “BOTTOM” stickers looking straight up at me. The crib worked perfectly fine for more than two years so I never knew something was out of place. It wasn’t until time to transition into the next phase that the problem became evident. By me putting the frame on backwards, the new rails were unable to attach. So I had to re-do the frame of the bed and then go forth from there.

So I learned that doing it the wrong way can actually work for a moment, but it will hinder your transition later in life. This is true in our walks with Christ. Living outside of His will, can make us feel good for a moment. We can even function in society and no one notice our frame is upside down. But when its time to transition, you won’t be able to make it fit. So not only will it have added years of wasted time, you’d still have to go back and do it right the second time around.

Today as we head into hump day, let’s determine in our heart to do it God’s way the first time. He’s given us a step by step instruction manual, we just need to open it, read it and execute it. Let’s not have to be spit out of a whale’s stomach, to land in the place God destined us to be.
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female
Number of posts : 2224
Say Whatever : Luv me as I am cuz u can't be me and I can't and don't wanna be u!
My Mood : The First Time Sad
Registration date : 2008-04-22

The First Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Time   The First Time EmptyFri May 29, 2009 5:10 am

a great food for thought CG.. Thanks for sharing
Back to top Go down

The First Time
Page 1 of 1