Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

TPS- Apply for Advanced Parole Immediately.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nica

Nica

Female
Number of posts : 1026
Say Whatever : Yes We Did!
My Mood : TPS- Apply for Advanced Parole Immediately. Mellow
Registration date : 2008-04-01

TPS- Apply for Advanced Parole Immediately. Empty
PostSubject: TPS- Apply for Advanced Parole Immediately.   TPS- Apply for Advanced Parole Immediately. EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 1:36 am

Advanced Parole is an option that people on the expiring TPS may what to consider. It would allow those who are actually forced to depart to be able to enter. The link below has what looks to be some useful nfo:

http://www.hooyou.com/advanceparole/index.html

Advance Parole

Advance Parole is a document that allows certain aliens to re-enter the United
States without an immigrant visa or non-immigrant visa after traveling
abroad. Such aliens must be granted Advance Parole before leaving the
United States. If they have not obtained Advance Parole prior to
traveling abroad, they may not be permitted to re-enter the United
States upon their return without obtaining some kind of visa.

There are two main functions of an Advance Parole: 1) It enables an
alien to come back to the U.S. after traveling abroad without having to
obtain a visa to enter the U.S., 2) It preserves the pending Adjustment
of Status or certain protected status that the alien has filed. Indeed,
if an alien files for Adjustment of Status and then enters the U.S, on
a visa instead of an Advanced Parole, the pending I-485 or a protected
status may be considered as abandoned. For instance, an applicant for
Adjustment of Status who leaves the U.S. and re-enters on a
non-immigrant visa such as F-1 will generally be considered to have
abandoned his/her adjustment application. The single exception to this
rule applies to H-1 and L-1 holders, and will be discussed in a chapter
below.

Normally, an interview is not required for the Advance Parole
application. USCIS Service Centers and/or local offices will mail the
Advance Parole directly either to the applicants or to their attorney
after reviewing the materials received and approving the application.
However, as a part of the recently heightened security measures, some
local offices have changed the regular Advance Parole application
procedure.

Who is eligible for Advance Parole?
Aliens in the United States may apply for Advance Parole if they have:

1. An application for adjustment of status pending;
  2. Been admitted as a refugee or have been granted asylum;
  3. Been granted benefits under the Family Unity Program;
  4. Been granted Temporary Protected Status;
  5. An asylum application pending; or
  6. An emergent personal or bona fide reason to travel temporarily abroad.
Aliens in the United States are not eligible for Advance Parole if they are:

1. In the United States without a valid immigration status;
  2. An exchange alien subject to the foreign residence requirement;
  3. The beneficiary of a private bill; or
  4. Under removal proceedings.
Back to top Go down
http://www.apublicsecret.com
Nica

Nica

Female

PostSubject: Re: TPS- Apply for Advanced Parole Immediately.   TPS- Apply for Advanced Parole Immediately. EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 2:19 am

This link has detailed info on the application process. The fee is high at 300-350.00 to have a lawyer or legal service file for you. But the application is free for refugees. It is downloadable from USCIS-United States Citizenship Immigration Services

Application Process
http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/adjustmentofstatus/application.html#fee

Download Form I-131:
http://www.immihelp.com/forms/showform.do?form=i-131
http://www.usimmigrationsupport.org/form_i130.html?gclid=CLyjweOLrZkCFRufnAodr0fEJw

Direct Filing Addresses:
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=1d17aca797e63110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD&vgnextchannel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD
Back to top Go down
gadyu

gadyu

Male
Number of posts : 2243
Say Whatever : “Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the tru
My Mood : TPS- Apply for Advanced Parole Immediately. Flirty
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: TPS- Apply for Advanced Parole Immediately.   TPS- Apply for Advanced Parole Immediately. EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 4:06 am

What if the DED or TPS has expired? Does Advanced Parole apply in this case?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bushchicken.com
Nica

Nica

Female

PostSubject: Re: TPS- Apply for Advanced Parole Immediately.   TPS- Apply for Advanced Parole Immediately. EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 5:26 am

gadyu wrote:
What if the DED or TPS has expired? Does Advanced Parole apply in this case?

An individual can not apply gor Advance Parole if they are in the U.S illegally.
It must be applied for before leaving the U.S.
Once TPS or DED expires, those individuals are considered as residing illegally in the U.S.

People need to get those applications in before the expiration date. It will at least ensure that they will able to acquire a visa for return at a later date. This is something that should have been done before the twelfth hour. But it is still a small open window wth some light in it.
The best and more desirable solution would be amnesty or permanent status for these individuals. We should all pray for that. But waiting around with no action crazy.

A foreign national who was unlawfully present within the US for 12
months or less and is deported is barred from applying for reentry for
3 years.
A foreign national who was unlawfully present within the US for
more than 12 months and is deported is barred from applying for reentry
for 10 years.
Back to top Go down
gadyu

gadyu

Male
Say Whatever : “Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the tru

PostSubject: Re: TPS- Apply for Advanced Parole Immediately.   TPS- Apply for Advanced Parole Immediately. EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 9:54 am

So, when they get the advanced parole, what do they do then?
Back to top Go down
Nica

Nica

Female

PostSubject: Re: TPS- Apply for Advanced Parole Immediately.   TPS- Apply for Advanced Parole Immediately. EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:08 am

gadyu wrote:
So, when they get the advanced parole, what do they do then?

It only insures that they can return when their status or other circumstances change.
They only have 13 days before they will all become illegals and facing removal. It is not likely at this point that they will all be given a last minute deprive. Without Advance Parole they have little to no hope of returning.

It is possible (hopeful) that the removals will not take place immediately. I believe Advanced Parole will give them some protection from incarceration in the interim. It is not a solution but a safeguard against an already dreadful situation being made even more hopeless.
Back to top Go down
gadyu

gadyu

Male

PostSubject: Re: TPS- Apply for Advanced Parole Immediately.   TPS- Apply for Advanced Parole Immediately. EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 11:27 am

Advanced Parole cannot help people on DED at this time. The reason is that they are not thinking of traveling at all. The Advanced Parole is for people who are on such designations and want to travel.

But since the designation is expiring, and they are not in an adjustment of status stage, and may not be traveling nor need to travel, AP cannot help at all at all....
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male
Number of posts : 1605
Say Whatever : \
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: TPS- Apply for Advanced Parole Immediately.   TPS- Apply for Advanced Parole Immediately. EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 9:45 pm

TPS will be extended mehn so nobody should worry. Hope that people on TPS will try to adjust their status and stop waiting for another extension...Their future is in their own hand yah..However Nica thanks for the info on AP..
Back to top Go down
gadyu

gadyu

Male

PostSubject: Re: TPS- Apply for Advanced Parole Immediately.   TPS- Apply for Advanced Parole Immediately. EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:53 pm

Bellah, you acking just like real Baccus man, the question here is about AP, not if TPS will be extended....lol

You want join the chorus of "It will be extended" so if it is, you can gain votes in the next ULAA elections? lmao
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male
Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2008-04-25

PostSubject: Re: TPS- Apply for Advanced Parole Immediately.   TPS- Apply for Advanced Parole Immediately. EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:55 pm

Bellah, people on TPS cannot just get up and go adjust their status. Its doesn't work like that.
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male

PostSubject: Re: TPS- Apply for Advanced Parole Immediately.   TPS- Apply for Advanced Parole Immediately. EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 11:15 pm

Traveller wrote:
Bellah, people on TPS cannot just get up and go adjust their status. Its doesn't work like that.

They have a lot of option to venture in under immigration law mehn. I was on TPS too and i got tire with this extension limbo and found a way bro. So it is left with them to free themsef in this country of opportunity yah Traveller...........
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male

PostSubject: Re: TPS- Apply for Advanced Parole Immediately.   TPS- Apply for Advanced Parole Immediately. EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 11:20 pm

gadyu wrote:
Bellah, you acking just like real Baccus man, the question here is about AP, not if TPS will be extended....lol

You want join the chorus of "It will be extended" so if it is, you can gain votes in the next ULAA elections? lmao

Gadyu, it is not baccus business but our people willlingness to navigate thru immigration policy and procedure and free themsef.............
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male
Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2008-04-25

PostSubject: Re: TPS- Apply for Advanced Parole Immediately.   TPS- Apply for Advanced Parole Immediately. EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 2:21 am

bellah wrote:
They have a lot of option to venture in under immigration law mehn. I was on TPS too and i got tire with this extension limbo and found a way bro. So it is left with them to free themsef in this country of opportunity yah Traveller...........

Well my brother if you think that people are just being lazy and not trying to avail themselves of opportunities to adjust their status, then the battle is lost. Not everyone can easily get student visa, or employment visa, or marry and American, or any of the number of "options" that are out there.
Back to top Go down
gadyu

gadyu

Male

PostSubject: Re: TPS- Apply for Advanced Parole Immediately.   TPS- Apply for Advanced Parole Immediately. EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 3:53 am

Traveller, ask the man how he freed himself and let him tell you. Maybe the man had one of those shotgun thingies.....lol
Back to top Go down
Nica

Nica

Female

PostSubject: Re: TPS- Apply for Advanced Parole Immediately.   TPS- Apply for Advanced Parole Immediately. EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 7:06 am

gadyu wrote:
Advanced Parole cannot help people on DED at this time. The reason is that they are not thinking of traveling at all. The Advanced Parole is for people who are on such designations and want to travel.

But since the designation is expiring, and they are not in an adjustment of status stage, and may not be traveling nor need to travel, AP cannot help at all at all....

That is not quite correct:
Having a pending change of status app. is not the only eligibility factor.
http://www.hooyou.com/advanceparole/who.html

Who is eligible for Advance Parole?
Aliens in the United States may apply for Advance Parole if they have:

1. An application for adjustment of status pending;
  2. Been admitted as a refugee or have been granted asylum;
  3. Been granted benefits under the Family Unity Program;
  4. Been granted Temporary Protected Status;
  5. An asylum application pending; or
  6. An emergent personal or bona fide reason to travel temporarily abroad.
In researching further, I find that the application must be accepted before the applicant leaves the country.
The time factor here seems to be the greatest obstacle here for TPS recipients facing removal as of March 31, 2009 to obtaining Advance Parole.

Time has formerly been on the side of displaced Liberians residing here, for that extension was made more than once, and TPS was extended for the longest period to Liberians...longer than any other group. But Time is now the enemy.

I may be naive... stupid sef...but I can't understand why pepo ain try to research and grab on to the levers for attaining permanent status in all that time...20 years. scratch The levers existed. I certainly understand the U.S not making permanent status readly available and attainable by the entire group of TPS recipients. Chay...it is the nature of the beast.

Have we (Liberians) not now become our own enemy more so than Time or Politics, by waiting all these years for America to do the right thing without trying to the right thing ourselves?

I still remain optimistic like Bellah, that America will do the right thing in the twelfth hour. The right thing is not just another extension, but extending access to permanent status to the Liberian people.

....but...Why Should We Trust In Politicians???

Last edited by Nica on Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:01 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
gadyu

gadyu

Male

PostSubject: Re: TPS- Apply for Advanced Parole Immediately.   TPS- Apply for Advanced Parole Immediately. EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 8:56 am

Nica, Advanced Parole is a travelling document. It is not a status.

What Is a Travel Document and Who Needs One?

If you are not a U.S. citizen, you may need permission to return to the United States after traveling abroad. This permission is granted through a travel document. Any immigrant who does not have the correct travel documents will not be admitted to the United States. Travel documents are also given to people who want to travel, but cannot get a passport from their country of nationality. You should apply for one of the following travel documents before you leave the United States.

Advance Parole
If you have applied for immigration benefits, you may need Advance Parole to be able to return to the United States if you travel abroad. It may be sought by, but not limited to, asylum applicants, parolees, people with Temporary Protected Status (TPS), and people who are applying to Adjust to Permanent Resident Status. Advance Parole may be given at the discretion of the District Director or the Service Center Director having jurisdiction over your place of residence. If you do not apply for Advance Parole before you leave the country, you will abandon your application with the USCIS and you may not be permitted to return to the United States. (Please note: This requirement does not apply to people who have applied to adjust to permanent resident status and are maintaining H-1 status (temporary workers in specialty occupations) or L-1 status (intra-company transferees), or their dependents in H-4 or L-2 status.)

Advance parole may also be sought by people who need to travel to the United States temporarily for a humanitarian emergency. Advance parole cannot be used to avoid normal visa issuing procedures or processing delays. Someone in the United States may file such an Advance Parole application for you, or you may file for yourself.

Reentry Permit
Lawful permanent residents or conditional permanent residents who wish to remain outside the United States for more than one year, but less than two, require a reentry permit. A reentry permit is not required for a trip that is shorter than one year. (You should note that an absence of more than one year will break the period of continuous residence required to become a citizen, even if a reentry permit is issued.) A Reentry Permit is also issued to Lawful Permanent Residents who want to travel outside the United States, but cannot get a national passport from their country of nationality. A reentry permit is valid for two years.

Refugee Travel Document
A Refugee Travel Document allows people who are or once were refugees or asylees to return to the United States after travel abroad. You should apply for a refugee travel document before you leave the United States. However, in some cases, USCIS officials may issue travel documents to refugees or asylees who are physically outside the United States. (USCIS officials will not issue a refugee travel document to a refugee or asylee located abroad if the refugee or asylee was thought to abandon refugee status, engage in activities outside the U.S. that affect refugee status, or remain outside the U.S. for more than one year.) A refugee travel document is generally valid for one year.
Back to top Go down
Nica

Nica

Female

PostSubject: Re: TPS- Apply for Advanced Parole Immediately.   TPS- Apply for Advanced Parole Immediately. EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 9:07 am

gadyu wrote:
Nica, Advanced Parole is a travelling document. It is not a status.

I never said anything about Advance Parole being a Status. It is excactly what it is...a travel document that facilitates the ease of return to America to those exiting America. Dat's ALL yah. th_yes-1
Back to top Go down
gadyu

gadyu

Male

PostSubject: Re: TPS- Apply for Advanced Parole Immediately.   TPS- Apply for Advanced Parole Immediately. EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 2:06 am

Ohhh okay...girlie girlie, nice topic though. Lotsa people been reading.
Back to top Go down
Nica

Nica

Female

PostSubject: My Pepo Yor Come Oh!   TPS- Apply for Advanced Parole Immediately. EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 4:51 am

Thanks Gadyu.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TPS- Apply for Advanced Parole Immediately.   TPS- Apply for Advanced Parole Immediately. Empty

Back to top Go down

TPS- Apply for Advanced Parole Immediately.
Page 1 of 1