Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Drum major suspended for waving at Obama

Go down 
+2
krazzy
candygirl
6 posters
AuthorMessage
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood : Drum major suspended for waving at Obama Sad
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Drum major suspended for waving at Obama Empty
PostSubject: Drum major suspended for waving at Obama   Drum major suspended for waving at Obama EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 5:24 pm

Yesterday, 07:12 pm

A drum major who waved at President Barack Obama was brought to tears Tuesday over his six-month suspension from an Ohio marching band.

Have your say: Barack Obama
"Six months is pretty harsh, I think," firefighter John Coleman told Newsnet 5.

But the Cleveland Firefighter's Memorial Pipes & Drums band leader said even a glance is out of bounds for marching bands in a parade marking the inauguration of a president.

"We had gone over and over time and again with everyone in the band that this was a military parade. Protocol and proper decorum had to be followed at all times," band leader Mike Engle told the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

"Unfortunately, John chose to ignore that."

Other bands complained about Coleman's gesture, and the burly fire inspector -- who has been in the band for 17 years -- was told of his suspension on the bus home from Washington.

"He has to abide by the rules," Engle said. "It had to be done."

Coleman defended his actions and said he would do it again, despite the consequences.

"I just happened to glance over and made eye contact with the president and just gave a nod acknowledging him and just a slight wave," Coleman said.

"With the president, you know, I just could not ignore him."
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female
Number of posts : 2353
Say Whatever : your best friend can be your worst enemy and so forth..lol
My Mood : Drum major suspended for waving at Obama Sunshine
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Drum major suspended for waving at Obama   Drum major suspended for waving at Obama EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 6:52 pm

"I just happened to glance over and made eye contact with the president and just gave a nod acknowledging him and just a slight wave," Coleman said.

dey military na for children. Laughing if u put me in any form of the military, somebody will shoot me soon morning-i mun na wave at barrack-i beg mehn. th_ROFLMAO

whenever i went to afl activities, i expected my pekin to wave or laugh when he saw me but he was always serious lek dogkiller.
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Drum major suspended for waving at Obama   Drum major suspended for waving at Obama EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 7:37 pm

krazzy wrote:

dey military na for children. Laughing if u put me in any form of the military, somebody will shoot me soon morning-i mun na wave at barrack-i beg mehn. th_ROFLMAO

whenever i went to afl activities, i expected my pekin to wave or laugh when he saw me but he was always serious lek dogkiller.

hahahaha.. i telling you oh... the seriousness cant be easy...
6 months was too harsh mehn No
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female
Number of posts : 2224
Say Whatever : Luv me as I am cuz u can't be me and I can't and don't wanna be u!
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Drum major suspended for waving at Obama   Drum major suspended for waving at Obama EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 1:29 am

i know mehn.. i wud have done a big wave and no slight one..

and the 6 months is too much.. what's their reason.. he missed a beat or what?
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male
Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2008-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Drum major suspended for waving at Obama   Drum major suspended for waving at Obama EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 4:20 am

Americans are waaaaay to comfortable with and reliant on systems...they have no capacity any longer for applying simple common sense to things. The man been in the band for 17 years and therefore is probably one of the better drummers and you suspend him for something like that??? Fvck that dumb sh*t!! I would have waved and hollered "Wassup Mr. President!"
Back to top Go down
RossWorld

RossWorld

Male
Number of posts : 644
Say Whatever : "An Ass, having put on the Lion's skin, roamed about in the Forest, and amused himself"
My Mood : Drum major suspended for waving at Obama Sunshine
Registration date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Drum major suspended for waving at Obama   Drum major suspended for waving at Obama EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 1:21 pm

If he was suspended for waving, I wonder what will happen if some bend the butt to the president.
Back to top Go down
http://rossworld.hi5.com
Traveller

Traveller

Male
Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2008-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Drum major suspended for waving at Obama   Drum major suspended for waving at Obama EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 9:54 pm

Tabay!
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female
Number of posts : 2224
Say Whatever : Luv me as I am cuz u can't be me and I can't and don't wanna be u!
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Drum major suspended for waving at Obama   Drum major suspended for waving at Obama EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 10:35 pm

tabay too small T, he'll be lcoked up and the key thrown away...
Back to top Go down
Unique1

Female
Number of posts : 129
My Mood : Drum major suspended for waving at Obama Innocent
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Drum major suspended for waving at Obama   Drum major suspended for waving at Obama EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 11:56 pm

LadyFlo wrote:
i know mehn.. i wud have done a big wave and no slight one..

and the 6 months is too much.. what's their reason.. he missed a beat or what?
Me too, I wud even jump up and down to be seen th_woohoo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drum major suspended for waving at Obama   Drum major suspended for waving at Obama Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1