Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Arrest Warrant Out for Benjamin Yeaten...Indicted for Murder

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kpelleboy

Male
Number of posts : 577
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Arrest Warrant Out for Benjamin Yeaten...Indicted for Murder Empty
PostSubject: Arrest Warrant Out for Benjamin Yeaten...Indicted for Murder   Arrest Warrant Out for Benjamin Yeaten...Indicted for Murder EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 2:53 am

Arrest Warrant Out for Benjamin Yeaten...Indicted for Murder News_790 Arrest Warrant Out For Yeaten …Indicted For Murder
By: Jimmey C. Fahngon (Journal's Correspondent)
(Monrovia-Liberia-January 20, 09)-The Liberian government through its prosecuting arm, the Ministry of Justice has announced the indictment of Benjamin Yeaten, one time fearful rebel General of the defunct National Patriotic Front of Liberia (NPFL) for murder.
Full Story
WWW.THELIBERIANJOURNAL.COM (The Liberian Journal)
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female
Number of posts : 2353
Say Whatever : your best friend can be your worst enemy and so forth..lol
My Mood : Arrest Warrant Out for Benjamin Yeaten...Indicted for Murder Sunshine
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Arrest Warrant Out for Benjamin Yeaten...Indicted for Murder   Arrest Warrant Out for Benjamin Yeaten...Indicted for Murder EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 5:52 pm

Arrest Warrant Out For Yeaten …Indicted For Murder

(Jan 21, 2009) By: Jimmey C. Fahngon (Journal's Correspondent)
(Monrovia-Liberia-January 21, 09)-The Liberian government through its prosecuting arm, the Ministry of Justice has announced the indictment of Benjamin Yeaten, one time fearful rebel General of the defunct National Patriotic Front of Liberia (NPFL) for murder.

According to a press statement issued in Monrovia Tuesday, the Justice Ministry said upon presentation of evidence satisfactory to the Special Grand Jury for Montserrado County at the November Term, A.D. 2008, of the First Judicial Circuit Court, the county secured on January 9, 2009, a True Bill from the said Special Grand Jury against Mr. Benjamin Yeaten, a former General and Director of the Special Security Service, for the crime of murder.

The Ministry of Justice in the statement said based on the indictment, it has no alternative but to issue an arrest warrant for Mr. Yeaten.

The statement:"…the charge of murder against Mr. Yeaten was based on his instructions to personnel assigned to him and his active participation in the murder of the late Samuel Dokie, John Yormie and Isaac Vaye, all of whom hailed from Nimba County”.

The Justice Ministry further added that its decision to order the arrest of Mr. Yeaten was also based on the request of family members of the deceased as far back as 2006 for justice to be served and for the government to bring the killers of their relatives to trial for the crime committed.

The Liberian government pointed out that it was also motivated to pursue the charges against Mr. Yeaten, as it has done with all other persons who have determined to take the lives of Liberians, saying the government has the foremost obligation to protect all of its citizens regardless of their position in society.

The government said no citizens should be disadvantaged or be denied justice because the perpetrators were or are in high positions of government.

The government assured the people of Liberia that it would not allow anyone to suffer injustice and that it would take every action against any person who believes that he or she can subject citizens to extra judicial killings.

Accordingly, the Justice Ministry said it has directed the Liberian National Police, the Bureau of Immigration and all other security organization to search for and arrest the living body of Mr. Yeaten so that he can face trial in a Liberian court of competent jurisdiction.

The Ministry says it has also instructed the relevant state security institutions to make contact with their counterparts in the sub region as well as with Interpol to effect the arrest of Mr. Yeaten whenever he is found and that the necessary action be taken to have him returned to Liberia for trial.

Justice Ministry: “This should serve to inform all criminal elements that it would not passively stand by and see any abuses meted out against our people go unpunished and that it would not relent to bring to justice all persons engaged in such conduct regarding whom evidence has been gathered.”
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood : Arrest Warrant Out for Benjamin Yeaten...Indicted for Murder Sad
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Arrest Warrant Out for Benjamin Yeaten...Indicted for Murder   Arrest Warrant Out for Benjamin Yeaten...Indicted for Murder EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 12:10 am

they should be willing and ready to this objectively..... how are they selecting folks for persecution??
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female
Number of posts : 2224
Say Whatever : Luv me as I am cuz u can't be me and I can't and don't wanna be u!
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Arrest Warrant Out for Benjamin Yeaten...Indicted for Murder   Arrest Warrant Out for Benjamin Yeaten...Indicted for Murder EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 12:20 am

well i sure hope they got all things in place for persecuting these folks before it turn into just another drama show...
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Arrest Warrant Out for Benjamin Yeaten...Indicted for Murder   Arrest Warrant Out for Benjamin Yeaten...Indicted for Murder EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 12:26 am

i say!
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female
Number of posts : 2353
Say Whatever : your best friend can be your worst enemy and so forth..lol
My Mood : Arrest Warrant Out for Benjamin Yeaten...Indicted for Murder Sunshine
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Arrest Warrant Out for Benjamin Yeaten...Indicted for Murder   Arrest Warrant Out for Benjamin Yeaten...Indicted for Murder EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 2:47 am

da him dey used to call 40?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arrest Warrant Out for Benjamin Yeaten...Indicted for Murder   Arrest Warrant Out for Benjamin Yeaten...Indicted for Murder Empty

Back to top Go down

Arrest Warrant Out for Benjamin Yeaten...Indicted for Murder
Page 1 of 1