Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

'Straight Ticket'

Go down 
+3
LadyFlo
Traveller
candygirl
7 posters
AuthorMessage
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood : 'Straight Ticket' Sad
Registration date : 2008-03-31

'Straight Ticket' Empty
PostSubject: 'Straight Ticket'   'Straight Ticket' EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 11:15 pm

Snopes says this is true, please read the attachment.

In some voting locations they have one button or one lever that voters pull for a 'Straight Ticket'. This allows them to vote for every candidate in a party with one action, instead of having to pull a lever or push a button for each individual candidate. This option may or may not be available at your polling location.

The key is to study your sample ballot before you go to vote and don't be afraid to ask for help!

http://www.snopes.com/politics/ballot/straightticket.asp

For those who normally vote 'Straight Democratic', please pay close attention!!!!! I was informed this weekend by a group of Obama volunteers that when voting for the presidential candidate this November, you have to make sure you punch Barack's name first, then proceed to punch 'Straight Democratic' or else the vote for the president won't count. I'm not sure if any of you are aware of this, but we know they won't tell us this at the polls. Please make sure you inform others.
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male
Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2008-04-25

'Straight Ticket' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Straight Ticket'   'Straight Ticket' EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 11:16 pm

Not true. There are goups out there simply trying to make absoloutely sure that all Dems running for ANY office win on the coat tails of Obama. So they are putting this misinformation out there.
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
Registration date : 2008-03-31

'Straight Ticket' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Straight Ticket'   'Straight Ticket' EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 11:21 pm

scratch me i received it in mail... and decided to share
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

LadyFlo

Female
Number of posts : 2224
Say Whatever : Luv me as I am cuz u can't be me and I can't and don't wanna be u!
Registration date : 2008-04-22

'Straight Ticket' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Straight Ticket'   'Straight Ticket' EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 11:28 pm

well we all get these misinforming emails all the time.. dont sweat it gurl..
Back to top Go down
DSP

DSP

Male
Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2008-04-02

'Straight Ticket' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Straight Ticket'   'Straight Ticket' EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 11:34 pm

I've NEVER voted for a staight ticket

Not all democrats have views that I like.

In many other instances I have voted with a green party candidate and one rare case a libertarian
Back to top Go down
bellah

bellah

Male
Number of posts : 1605
Say Whatever : \
Registration date : 2008-04-03

'Straight Ticket' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Straight Ticket'   'Straight Ticket' EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 2:45 am

Whether straight or bend ticket, We want Barrack to win the White House this time around.
Back to top Go down
DSP

DSP

Male

'Straight Ticket' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Straight Ticket'   'Straight Ticket' EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 2:51 am

It's best to vote independent or whoever you want when voting on the local or state level. Nationaly it's best to pick one of the 2 major parties. The more you vote independent on the local and/or state level then you can slowly make moves on congress and white house.
Back to top Go down
gadyu

gadyu

Male
Number of posts : 2243
Say Whatever : “Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the tru
My Mood : 'Straight Ticket' Flirty
Registration date : 2008-04-10

'Straight Ticket' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Straight Ticket'   'Straight Ticket' EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 2:53 am

DSP wrote:
The more you vote independent on the local and/or state level then you can slowly make moves on congress and white house.

Who is that?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bushchicken.com
DSP

DSP

Male

'Straight Ticket' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Straight Ticket'   'Straight Ticket' EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 3:36 am

gadyu wrote:
DSP wrote:
The more you vote independent on the local and/or state level then you can slowly make moves on congress and white house.

Who is that?

you is plural for whatever party one supports
Back to top Go down
Josie

Josie

Female
Number of posts : 303
Say Whatever : Failure is an event and not a person, be strong and show the real you to others.
Registration date : 2008-09-08

'Straight Ticket' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Straight Ticket'   'Straight Ticket' EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 4:52 pm

Obama will be victorious come November but what do you guys think regarding his security afterwards. Question That's my fear currently
Back to top Go down
DSP

DSP

Male

'Straight Ticket' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Straight Ticket'   'Straight Ticket' EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 10:01 pm

Josie wrote:
Obama will be victorious come November but what do you guys think regarding his security afterwards. Question That's my fear currently

Whoever is president gets thousands of death threats everyday.
I guess that would increase for Obama
Back to top Go down
Josie

Josie

Female
Number of posts : 303
Say Whatever : Failure is an event and not a person, be strong and show the real you to others.
Registration date : 2008-09-08

'Straight Ticket' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Straight Ticket'   'Straight Ticket' EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 10:04 pm

I guess that would increase for Obama[/quote] th_yeahright
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

'Straight Ticket' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Straight Ticket'   'Straight Ticket' Empty

Back to top Go down

'Straight Ticket'
Page 1 of 1