Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

When you have too much time on hand.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood : When you have too much time on hand. Worried
Registration date : 2008-03-28

When you have too much time on hand. Empty
PostSubject: When you have too much time on hand.   When you have too much time on hand. EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 10:01 pm

Working Replica of Noah's Ark
Opens In SCHAGEN, Netherlands

Also, for more information you can go to the ark's official website http://www.arkvannoach.com/language/en/

When you have too much time on hand. Ark1
The massive central door in the side of Noah's Ark was thrown open Saturday
for the first crowd of curious Pilgrims and townsfolk to behold the wonder.
When you have too much time on hand. Ark2
Of course, it's only a replica of the biblical Ark , built by Dutch
Creationist Johan Huibers as a testament to his faith in the literal truth of the Bible.

When you have too much time on hand. Ark3 When you have too much time on hand. Ark6
The ark is 150 cubits long, 30 cubits high and 20 cubits wide. That's two-thirds the length of a football field and as high as a three-story house.

When you have too much time on hand. Ark4

When you have too much time on hand. Ark5

When you have too much time on hand. Ark7

When you have too much time on hand. Ark8

When you have too much time on hand. 78108240.gwM41mJS

When you have too much time on hand. Ark9

Life-size models of giraffes, elephants, lions, crocodiles, zebras,bison and other animals greet visitors as they arrive in the main hold. A contractor by trade, Huibers built the ark of cedar and pine -

Biblical Scholars debate exactly what the wood used by Noah would have been.

Huibers did the work mostly with his own hands, using modern tools and with occasional help from his son Roy. Construction began in May 2005. On the uncovered top deck - not quite ready in time for the opening

- will come a petting zoo, with baby lambs and chickens, and goats, and one camel.

Visitors on the first day were stunned.'It's past comprehension, ' said Mary Louise Starosciak, who happened to be bicycling by with her husband while on vacation when they saw The ark looming over the local landscape.
"I knew the story of Noah, but I had no idea the boat would have been so big.'

There is enough space near the keel for a 50-seat film theater where kids can watch a video that tells the story of Noah and his ark.
Back to top Go down
http://www.liberian-village.com/
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood : When you have too much time on hand. Sad
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: When you have too much time on hand.   When you have too much time on hand. EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 10:13 pm

th_cool
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood : When you have too much time on hand. Worried
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: When you have too much time on hand.   When you have too much time on hand. EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 10:18 pm

candygirl wrote:
th_cool
I know, but who wakes up and say..."I think I want to build an ark today" Laughing
Da full time job oh...but worth it I guess : confused2
Quote :
Johan worked on this ark from 8am- 5pm, six days a week, assisted by his son Roy who came to help after school hours. In an interview Huibers said: "Hired hands could never work with the same "drive" on such a project. And besides, with my impulsive way of working I would drive co-workers crazy!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.liberian-village.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When you have too much time on hand.   When you have too much time on hand. Empty

Back to top Go down

When you have too much time on hand.
Page 1 of 1