Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Please Pray For Her

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood : Please Pray For Her Sad
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Please Pray For Her Empty
PostSubject: Please Pray For Her   Please Pray For Her EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 12:30 am

As I look back over my life, and think of the goodness of God and all that he has done for me I can say I am truly blessed. As a child at the age of two I was diagnosed with Meningitis and doctors gave me 24 hours to live and if I was to live I would be blind, deaf or mentally retarded but to God be the glory I am none of the above. I went on to have a wonderful, energetic childhood. I then finished high school and college, with two degrees. I was blessed with a great job as a Disability Examiner. My daughter is a healthy, vibrant 3 year old. I am 27 years old today and I have endured more than the average person my age. I would like to share with you my story, in hopes it will keep your faith in abundance and your spirits high. I believe that we all endure situations that test our faith. Over the past three years my body has ailed, but my faith has grown fervently.

In October of 2004, I was admitted to the hospital for an early, unexpected stay after a routine visit to my OB-GYN. My blood pressure was out of control, putting my unborn child and myself at risk. After a two-week stay, the doctors decided it was time to deliver early. The doctor checked to see if I had dilated and my placenta had burst, that sent me to the operating room for an emergency C-Section. My daughter, Nyla, was sent to the NICU and I continued to have issues with high blood pressure. I was sent home without my child, but she was home in about a month. On New Year's Day things took a turn the worse as Nyla was sick and so was I. Her father and I took her to the emergency room, but when we got there I had a light stroke and was again admitted. After a stay in the hospital, the doctors felt there was nothing else they could do for me, so they sent me to another hospital. I stayed there for a few weeks and after a kidney biopsy, I was diagnosed with Lupus. Lupus is an autoimmune disease that occurs when the body's tissues are attacked by its own immune system. There are two types of lupus: discoid and systemic (SLE). I was diagnosed with SLE, in which internal organs are involved. From there I was sent to Duke University, where I spent 6 consecutive months, mostly in ICU. When I arrived there I had many complications aside from the fatigue and just being severely ill. I can remember my stomach hurting so bad and the doctors not having a clue what was wrong until I began to swell…my liver had burst. The doctors were reluctant to surgery because there medical expertise said, I would never make it because my blood was not clotting and I would bleed to death if cut, but if they didn't cut me then I would swell worst, burst and die. Either way they didn't think that I would make it, but I had a praying family and they told the doctors to proceed with the surgery. I remember my mom saying that she told God, "She belonged to you before she belonged to me." After the surgery the doctors came out to talk to my family and he said, "Well we don't know what happened but when we cut her, her blood began to clot, but she will have to be put on a ventilator." After a week of being on the ventilator the doctors wanted to give up, but my mother said just a few more days." In those days my family fasted and prayed. During the time that I could not wake up on the outside, I was going through on the inside. I had these visions of Satan taking me and having his way with me and I literally went to hell, but when I woke up to see scriptures that had been posted in my room and my family there beside me….I knew there was a God. I was confined to the bed, as I had four chest tubes and my body was filled with fluid. I couldn't even raise my hand, but I had a mind to be thankful to God and to never give up. After the 6 month stay I was sent home in a wheelchair and had a hospital bed set up. My family and friends had different shifts and they would come in to care for my child and I. At times I would get discouraged. I would think I am only 27 and can't do anything for myself, but God gave me a word, " just keep on believing and you will get through, and I was constantly reminded, "he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed (Isaiah 53:5)."
Most people would be wondering why me, but I say, "Why not me? It has been a hard road to travel but as long as I am traveling with God I have nothing to worry about." This voyage has really made me a stronger person and a true woman of God. I know that there is nothing to hard for God, all you need is "faith the size of a mustard seed." I began to walk, I began to hold my child, I began to drive and just do all of the things that I was accustomed to doing; I even went back to work. I thought everything was back to normal and all of a sudden I became ill again. I went to the doctor and the blood results revealed my creatinine was elevated and the next day I was started on dialysis. Since then I have not been able to work and my life has been changed as I am at dialysis three days a week. I am waiting on a kidney…..I claim it and I receive that God will bless me with a healthy kidney on his time. Yet and still I won't complain, because I know with all God has done for me I am destined to be here and God has a plan for me. I feel as if God is just helping me to build my faith as he continues to bless me over and over. I have a thought for anyone that is sick, just remember, "By his stripes you are healed." Your body may be ailing but you are not defeated!
God's blessings to be continued…………………
Back to top Go down
cajun2k2

cajun2k2

Female
Number of posts : 190
Say Whatever : Back home!!!
My Mood : Please Pray For Her Bookworm
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Please Pray For Her Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Pray For Her   Please Pray For Her EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 10:20 am

You are in my prayers. : beg
Back to top Go down

Please Pray For Her
Page 1 of 1