Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

TPS/DED TO EXPIRE ON MARCH 29: BIG PLANS IN THE MAKING

Go down 
+4
Traveller
bellah
Geyla Queen
Kpelleboy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kpelleboy

Male
Number of posts : 577
Registration date : 2008-07-29

TPS/DED TO EXPIRE ON MARCH 29: BIG PLANS IN THE MAKING Empty
PostSubject: TPS/DED TO EXPIRE ON MARCH 29: BIG PLANS IN THE MAKING   TPS/DED TO EXPIRE ON MARCH 29: BIG PLANS IN THE MAKING EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 7:36 am

TPS/DED TO EXPIRE ON MARCH 29: BIG PLANS IN THE MAKING News_431 ULAA Sets Up Special Immigration Task Force...Appeals to Liberians on TPS/DED
By: Staff Reporter
As the deadline for the present designation of the Deferred Enforced Departure (DED) approaches, the President of the Union of Liberian Associations in the Americans (ULAA) has, with the advice and consent of the National Leadership Council, constituted a Special National Immigration Task Force. The Task Force is empowered to manage ULAA’s immigration advocacy campaign, a process that includes community mobilization, fundraising, and intensive lobbying efforts, The Liberian Journal has learned.
Full Story
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood : TPS/DED TO EXPIRE ON MARCH 29: BIG PLANS IN THE MAKING Worried
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: TPS/DED TO EXPIRE ON MARCH 29: BIG PLANS IN THE MAKING   TPS/DED TO EXPIRE ON MARCH 29: BIG PLANS IN THE MAKING EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 8:00 am

I don't care what anybody say... ULAA is a damn joke...da really Special National Immigration Task Force...SMT

Bellah come na...come congrats your friend dem Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.liberian-village.com/
bellah

bellah

Male
Number of posts : 1605
Say Whatever : \
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: TPS/DED TO EXPIRE ON MARCH 29: BIG PLANS IN THE MAKING   TPS/DED TO EXPIRE ON MARCH 29: BIG PLANS IN THE MAKING EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 12:15 am

We are during our best GQ to help our brothers and sisters in the diaspora. Hope they will have extension or PR.............Come join us let do this together........
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: TPS/DED TO EXPIRE ON MARCH 29: BIG PLANS IN THE MAKING   TPS/DED TO EXPIRE ON MARCH 29: BIG PLANS IN THE MAKING EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 12:24 am

bellah wrote:
We are during our best GQ to help our brothers and sisters in the diaspora. Hope they will have extension or PR.............Come join us let do this together........

You already know how I feel about this ULAA business lol! .

th_no, this org not for me.... because I have not seen ANYTHING come out of this group, and it's been around for God knows how long. The same people dem on TPS can find money to get ready for wedding and party and take off work to do BS...but don't even come out to support their own cause Rolling Eyes .

The people dem that already have their papers are the once fighting this battle on their own....what since does that make? scratch This TPS business is ULAA "ONLY" claim to fame if you will....please tell me what else has been done to help Liberians....because the TPS thing is not up to ULAA, they don't have the powers to do jack about it.
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male
Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2008-04-25

PostSubject: Re: TPS/DED TO EXPIRE ON MARCH 29: BIG PLANS IN THE MAKING   TPS/DED TO EXPIRE ON MARCH 29: BIG PLANS IN THE MAKING EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 12:33 am

ULAA was a good concept but it will always fall under its own crippling structure. Re the immigration issue, you are right GQ. ULAA cannot move the issue one inch. There was a time (several years ago) when I thought we might have had a chance but among the cast of characters were too many individuals who were more interested in personal notoriety.
Back to top Go down
singbe67

singbe67

Male
Number of posts : 201
Say Whatever : Life is a State of Mind
My Mood : TPS/DED TO EXPIRE ON MARCH 29: BIG PLANS IN THE MAKING Relaxed
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Re: TPS/DED TO EXPIRE ON MARCH 29: BIG PLANS IN THE MAKING   TPS/DED TO EXPIRE ON MARCH 29: BIG PLANS IN THE MAKING EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 12:40 am

Typically Liberian.
Back to top Go down
gadyu

gadyu

Male
Number of posts : 2243
Say Whatever : “Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the tru
My Mood : TPS/DED TO EXPIRE ON MARCH 29: BIG PLANS IN THE MAKING Flirty
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: TPS/DED TO EXPIRE ON MARCH 29: BIG PLANS IN THE MAKING   TPS/DED TO EXPIRE ON MARCH 29: BIG PLANS IN THE MAKING EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 1:07 am

All say ULAA is good.
People are bad.

People make ULAA
People make ULAA bad.

There are good people.
Good people needed in ULAA

Good people in ULAA
ULAA will be good.

lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.bushchicken.com
bellah

bellah

Male
Number of posts : 1605
Say Whatever : \
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: TPS/DED TO EXPIRE ON MARCH 29: BIG PLANS IN THE MAKING   TPS/DED TO EXPIRE ON MARCH 29: BIG PLANS IN THE MAKING EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 2:30 am

gadyu wrote:
All say ULAA is good.
People are bad.

People make ULAA
People make ULAA bad.

There are good people.
Good people needed in ULAA

Good people in ULAA
ULAA will be good.

lol

Thank u for the Poem..........
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male
Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2008-04-25

PostSubject: Re: TPS/DED TO EXPIRE ON MARCH 29: BIG PLANS IN THE MAKING   TPS/DED TO EXPIRE ON MARCH 29: BIG PLANS IN THE MAKING EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 5:33 am

gadyu wrote:
................Good people in ULAA
ULAA will be good.

Bor good people in ULAA. Wetee and the rest are all essentially good people. Unfortunately, a structure exists overlayed on a culture that smiply cannot work for what ULAA is supposed to set its hands too. Changnig the structure is something unfortunately, that the leadership will never embrace.
Back to top Go down
DSP

DSP

Male
Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: TPS/DED TO EXPIRE ON MARCH 29: BIG PLANS IN THE MAKING   TPS/DED TO EXPIRE ON MARCH 29: BIG PLANS IN THE MAKING EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 8:49 pm

But Geyla doesn't it help to try?

Even if the people on TPS arent' doing anything... not to get all religious but the people God sent Jesus to die for didn't give a crap about him and behave the same way Liberians are

Sometimes you just have to take it upon yourself to help and sometimes sacrifice for the next man. Negativity and only looking out for self doesn't help the whole community. Sometimes you have to be the salt of teh Liberian community, think outside the box and contribute even though we have alot of useless behavior among us. Do this all with common sense approach of course. :)
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: TPS/DED TO EXPIRE ON MARCH 29: BIG PLANS IN THE MAKING   TPS/DED TO EXPIRE ON MARCH 29: BIG PLANS IN THE MAKING EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 9:04 pm

DSP wrote:

Even if the people on TPS arent' doing anything... not to get all religious but the people God sent Jesus to die for didn't give a crap about him and behave the same way Liberians are

Sometimes you just have to take it upon yourself to help and sometimes sacrifice for the next man. Negativity and only looking out for self doesn't help the whole community. Sometimes you have to be the salt of teh Liberian community, think outside the box and contribute even though we have alot of useless behavior among us. Do this all with common sense approach of course. :)

SMT...what the hell have you been drinking soon this morning : smile_tongue scratch. Let Bellah and them do it. I'm not intresed in being in the GOL, because da what it looks like to me. "MOST" of these ULAA people are in this for some kind of personal gain and or recognition.....so let people hear ya.

I am helping to rebuilt our country in other ways, ULAA in NOT for me.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH
Back to top Go down
DSP

DSP

Male
Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: TPS/DED TO EXPIRE ON MARCH 29: BIG PLANS IN THE MAKING   TPS/DED TO EXPIRE ON MARCH 29: BIG PLANS IN THE MAKING EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 9:07 pm

Geyla Queen wrote:
DSP wrote:

SMT...what the hell have you been drinking soon this morning : smile_tongue scratch. Let Bellah and them do it. I'm not intresed in being in the GOL, because da what it looks like to me. "MOST" of these ULAA people are in this for some kind of personal gain and or recognition.....so let people hear ya.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

ok
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: TPS/DED TO EXPIRE ON MARCH 29: BIG PLANS IN THE MAKING   TPS/DED TO EXPIRE ON MARCH 29: BIG PLANS IN THE MAKING EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 9:09 pm

DSP wrote:
Geyla Queen wrote:
DSP wrote:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

ok

da all...I give you soon monring cheek and all you can say is "ok" Laughing
Back to top Go down
Nica

Nica

Female
Number of posts : 1026
Say Whatever : Yes We Did!
My Mood : TPS/DED TO EXPIRE ON MARCH 29: BIG PLANS IN THE MAKING Mellow
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: TPS/DED TO EXPIRE ON MARCH 29: BIG PLANS IN THE MAKING   TPS/DED TO EXPIRE ON MARCH 29: BIG PLANS IN THE MAKING EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 12:17 pm

I saw President Sirleaf speak in N.C. one time at a thing WACHOVIA was giving her money for re-building roads. They had Q&A after. Somebody asked her if she was going to talk to U.S government about extending TPS.

She said in real Liberian form, "But ya'll wan me to convince the pepo for ya'll not to come home?

She said it jokingly and people laughed. But some validity in that statement. She even mentioned how Liberians here are helping many Liberians at home by sending money they work for here home.The war finish yah. Poverty dere, but it everywhere. America ain got no valid reason to continue with TPS. If it go through for those people depending on it, then God bless them oh, cause what God got for you...for you.

But I think that dinosaur is bout to be extinct.

I agree that ULAA...good people, bad people, good organization, bad organization... need to refocus their attention on equally relevant Liberian issues with more feasibility of resolution and or positive outcome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.apublicsecret.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TPS/DED TO EXPIRE ON MARCH 29: BIG PLANS IN THE MAKING   TPS/DED TO EXPIRE ON MARCH 29: BIG PLANS IN THE MAKING Empty

Back to top Go down

TPS/DED TO EXPIRE ON MARCH 29: BIG PLANS IN THE MAKING
Page 1 of 1