Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Nigerian advises against 86 wive

Go down 
+3
Geyla Queen
Traveller
rberry
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rberry

rberry

Male
Number of posts : 437
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Nigerian advises against 86 wive Empty
PostSubject: Nigerian advises against 86 wive   Nigerian advises against 86 wive EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 10:58 pm

Nigerian advises against 86 wives

By Andrew Walker
BBC News, Bida, Nigeria

Mr Bello Abubakar says he does not go and find women, they come to him
Nigerian Mohammed Bello Abubakar, 84, has advised other men not to follow his example and marry 86 women.
The former teacher and Muslim preacher, who lives in Niger State with his wives and at least 170 children, says he is able to cope only with the help of God.
"A man with 10 wives would collapse and die, but my own power is given by Allah. That is why I have been able to control 86 of them," he told the BBC.
He says his wives have sought him out because of his reputation as a healer.
"I don't go looking for them, they come to me. I will consider the fact that God has asked me to do it and I will just marry them."
But such claims have alienated the Islamic authorities in Nigeria, who have branded his family a cult.

When you marry a man with 86 wives you know he knows how to look after them
Wife Ganiat Bello Abubakar
Most Muslim scholars agree that a man is allowed to have four wives, as long as he can treat them equally.
But Mr Bello Abubakar says there is no punishment stated in the Koran for having more than four wives.
"To my understanding the Koran does not place a limit and it is up to what your own power, your own endowment and ability allows," he says.
"God did not say what the punishment should be for a man who has more than four wives, but he was specific about the punishment for fornication and adultery."
'Order from God'
As Mr Bello Abubakar emerged from his compound to speak to the BBC, his wives and children broke out into a praise song.

Some of Mr Bello Abubakar's wives are younger than some of his children
Most of his wives are less than a quarter of his age - and many are younger than some of his own children.
The wives the BBC spoke to say they met Mr Bello Abubakar when they went to him to seek help for various illnesses, which they say he cured.
"As soon as I met him the headache was gone," says Sharifat Bello Abubakar, who was 25 at the time and Mr Bello Abubakar 74.
"God told me it was time to be his wife. Praise be to God I am his wife now."
Ganiat Mohammed Bello has been married to the man everyone calls "Baba" for 20 years.
When she was in secondary school her mother took her for a consultation with Mr Bello Abubakar and he proposed afterwards.
"I said I couldn't marry an older man, but he said it was directly an order from God," she says.
She married another man but they divorced and she returned to Mr Bello Abubakar.
"I am now the happiest woman on earth. When you marry a man with 86 wives you know he knows how to look after them," she said.
No work
Mr Bello Abubakar and his wives do not work and he has no visible means of supporting such a large family.

Many of the wives live three to a room, some have seven children
He refuses to say how he makes enough money to pay for the huge cost of feeding and clothing so many people.
Every mealtime they cook three 12kg bags of rice which all adds up to $915 (£457) every day.
"It's all from God," he says.
Other residents of Bida, the village where he lives in the northern Nigerian state, say they do not know how he supports the family.
According to one of his wives, Mr Bello Abubakar sometimes asks his children to go and beg for 200 naira ($1.69, £0.87), which if they all did so would bring in about $290 (£149).
Most of his wives live in a squalid, unfinished house in Bida; others live in his house in Lagos, Nigeria's commercial capital.
He refuses to allow any of his family or other devotees to take medicine and says he does not believe that malaria exists.

They were sick and we told God and God said their time has come
Wife Hafsat Bello Abubakar
"As you sit here if you have any illness I can see it and just remove it," he says.
But not everyone can be cured and one of his wives, Hafsat Bello Mohammed, says two of her children have died.
"They were sick and we told God and God said their time has come."
She says that most of the wives see Mr Bello Abubakar as next in line from the Prophet Muhammad.
Indeed, he claims the Prophet Muhammad speaks to him personally and gives detailed descriptions of his experiences.
It is a serious claim for a Muslim to make.
"This is heresy, he is a heretic," says Ustaz Abubakar Siddique, an imam of Abuja's Central Mosque.
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male
Number of posts : 1145

PostSubject: Re: Nigerian advises against 86 wive   Nigerian advises against 86 wive EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 11:10 pm

Yeah right! Some young guys are handling that business!
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood : Nigerian advises against 86 wive Worried
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Nigerian advises against 86 wive   Nigerian advises against 86 wive EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 11:10 pm

86 affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.liberian-village.com/
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood : Nigerian advises against 86 wive Sad
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Nigerian advises against 86 wive   Nigerian advises against 86 wive EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 11:20 pm

he sure is getting help....
Back to top Go down
rberry

rberry

Male

PostSubject: Re: Nigerian advises against 86 wive   Nigerian advises against 86 wive EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 12:42 am

Ayy Lord, what could one man do with 86 women? As we say back home, even God self-self rested on the 7th day, so when did this brother rest oohh : confused2 ....
Back to top Go down
heru1976

heru1976

Female
Number of posts : 478
My Mood : Nigerian advises against 86 wive Confused
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Nigerian advises against 86 wive   Nigerian advises against 86 wive EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 12:54 am

What all that trouble, I wouldn't want it. That is just too much. A man has 86 wives oh that's great. What if a woman has 3 men then she is a whore.
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nigerian advises against 86 wive   Nigerian advises against 86 wive EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 12:55 am

you going far ma.. just TWO.. then you WAHYO
Back to top Go down
heru1976

heru1976

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nigerian advises against 86 wive   Nigerian advises against 86 wive EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 12:57 am

candygirl wrote:
you going far ma.. just TWO.. then you WAHYO

I telling you oh. The double standard.
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: Nigerian advises against 86 wive   Nigerian advises against 86 wive EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 1:00 am

Insert equal opportunity joke here [ ]
Back to top Go down
heru1976

heru1976

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nigerian advises against 86 wive   Nigerian advises against 86 wive EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 1:01 am

Traveller wrote:
Insert equal opportunity joke here [ ]
:)
Back to top Go down
DSP

DSP

Male
Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Nigerian advises against 86 wive   Nigerian advises against 86 wive EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 1:10 am

Candy, Heru, it is simple mathmatic principle.. an exact science

one man can go into any number of women, any number if times

Woman can't go into man.

Remember the wisest man to ever live Solomon son of David had 700 wives and 900 concubines
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nigerian advises against 86 wive   Nigerian advises against 86 wive EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 1:11 am

one man can go one at a time.. he aint got 3 d**ks to be in same place same time..
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nigerian advises against 86 wive   Nigerian advises against 86 wive EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 1:12 am

and women were the downfall of King Solomon.. with ALL his wisdom.. read your bible
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: Nigerian advises against 86 wive   Nigerian advises against 86 wive EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 1:15 am

candygirl wrote:
one man can go one at a time.. he aint got 3 d**ks to be in same place same time..

You've such a way with words....pure poetry. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
heru1976

heru1976

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nigerian advises against 86 wive   Nigerian advises against 86 wive EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 1:16 am

candygirl wrote:

Right. I saw a documentary on the travel network. About a tribe in South America. There is one woman and she has several husbands. I forgot the name of the tribe. One of the women had 4 husbands. So DSP it is possible. One woman probably can't handle 84 men but anything is possible.
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nigerian advises against 86 wive   Nigerian advises against 86 wive EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 1:17 am

Traveller wrote:
candygirl wrote:

why, thank you kind sir th_mrgreen

whatever dude th_mrgreen
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nigerian advises against 86 wive   Nigerian advises against 86 wive EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 1:18 am

heru1976 wrote:
candygirl wrote:

Right. I saw a documentary on the travel network. About a tribe in South America. There is one woman and she has several husbands. I forgot the name of the tribe. One of the women had 4 husbands. So DSP it is possible. One woman probably can't handle 84 men but anything is possible.

4 ehn??? : smile_tongue
Back to top Go down
heru1976

heru1976

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nigerian advises against 86 wive   Nigerian advises against 86 wive EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 1:18 am

candygirl wrote:
Traveller wrote:
candygirl wrote:

why, thank you kind sir th_mrgreen

whatever dude th_mrgreen
Laughing
Back to top Go down
DSP

DSP

Male

PostSubject: Re: Nigerian advises against 86 wive   Nigerian advises against 86 wive EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 1:27 am

candygirl wrote:
and women were the downfall of King Solomon.. with ALL his wisdom.. read your bible

I'm glad you posted this. It will come back to haunt you. th_mrgreen

Heru dat tribe in South America, di reason women caan do dah ting is because they have watery fish. Ih in deh genes oh.
Back to top Go down
heru1976

heru1976

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nigerian advises against 86 wive   Nigerian advises against 86 wive EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 1:30 am

DSP wrote:
candygirl wrote:

I'm glad you posted this. It will come back to haunt you. th_mrgreen

Heru dat tribe in South America, di reason women caan do dah ting is because they have watery fish. Ih in deh genes oh.

Laughing Oh really.
Back to top Go down
krazzy

krazzy

Female
Number of posts : 2353
Say Whatever : your best friend can be your worst enemy and so forth..lol
My Mood : Nigerian advises against 86 wive Sunshine
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Nigerian advises against 86 wive   Nigerian advises against 86 wive EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 1:48 am

hmmm...in niger state, most of dey women dem can only come outside when their husbands give permission. so how dey pekin dem lor manage mehn? da jes pure slavery.. : singing
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male

PostSubject: Re: Nigerian advises against 86 wive   Nigerian advises against 86 wive EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 1:56 am

krazzy wrote:
hmmm...in niger state, most of dey women dem can only come outside when their husbands give permission. so how dey pekin dem lor manage mehn? da jes pure slavery.. : singing

WTF???!!?
Back to top Go down
heru1976

heru1976

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nigerian advises against 86 wive   Nigerian advises against 86 wive EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 2:00 am

krazzy wrote:
What.
Back to top Go down
DSP

DSP

Male

PostSubject: Re: Nigerian advises against 86 wive   Nigerian advises against 86 wive EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 2:06 am

krazzy wrote:

no that's not life at all
Back to top Go down
rberry

rberry

Male

PostSubject: Re: Nigerian advises against 86 wive   Nigerian advises against 86 wive EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 2:13 am

Dey nonsense I saw in Liberia was jes as bad oohh.. Old Old Liberian men, or working Adults dem with plenty plenty AME, United Methodist, LU, CUC female students : confused2 : confused2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nigerian advises against 86 wive   Nigerian advises against 86 wive Empty

Back to top Go down

Nigerian advises against 86 wive
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next