Liberian-Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00

Go down 
+12
Philomath
Nica
heru1976
LadyFlo
bellah
Mai
candygirl
BeautifulMind
cajun2k2
DSP
Traveller
Geyla Queen
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood : WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00 Worried
Registration date : 2008-03-28

WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00 Empty
PostSubject: WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 6:02 am

I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS SHIT, IF DA WAS SPEEDING TICKET THEN I WOULD HAVE BEEN OK WITH IT...BUT NOT FOR SOME BULL SHIT "MOVE OVER" LAW THAT I HAVE NEVER EVEN HEARD OF...HELL NO!!! angry1 angry1

I GOING TO COURT FOR THIS ONE ON THE 18TH. IF YOUR DON'T HEAR FROM ME IN A DAY OR 2, MY ASS WILL BE IN THE LILBURN COUNTY JAIL HOUSE, BECASUE I REFUSED TO PAY THAT KIND OF MONEY FOR BULLSHIT.

Last edited by Geyla Queen on Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.liberian-village.com/
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 6:25 am

Ok, here is the story. On June 28, 2008 I had just purchase a sofa and love seat. I was driving it to my Aunty house for storage till it was time for me to move to my new apt. It started to rain a little bit, but good thing they left the plastic on the them. I was driving no more than 30-35 mph down the road becuse I was scared the sofa would fall out the truck, plus it was also hard to see...anyways a cop had pulled someone over and I passed by them. I'm thinking nothing about this, but soon after that... I hear the police sirens and see the flashing light behind me. I'm like "what the hell did I do". scratch

The cop said that GA law states that if you see a cop on the side of the road you suppose to "MOVE OVER" , but if you can't move over you suppose to slow down. I was like "I have never heard of this law before", but how much slower was I to slow down when he could clearly see that I was transporting this stuff in the rain and I could not ever see to get over....well he was not trying to hear that and wrote me a ticket. I didn't think anything about this ticket, because here me here thinking it's going to be under $100 bucks.

Well the ticket is due on the 18th of this month, so I called today to find out the cost so I can just pay the damn thing once in for all. The lady told me $700.00
affraid . I asked her if she was joking, she said th_no ...that's the stander fee and I can come to court to fight it. Yor I will be going to court.

The next phone call I made was to my supervisor. I told him that I was going to jail for 1-2 days, so I was putting in my request now
th_mrgreen and I'm dead as serious too. I will turn myself in before I pay $700.00, even it they lower it, the most I willing to pay is $100....so da all I will be taking with me to court.

What would you do...jail (holding cell) or just pay the money.

Last edited by Geyla Queen on Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male
Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2008-04-25

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 6:46 am

Go to court and make two points:

1. You were not aware of that GA law
2. You were driving very slow anyway becuz of teh rain and becuz you were transporting something.

Do you have any points so far? Is you rdriving record clean? If the answer to both questions is no you should be let off with a warning.
Back to top Go down
DSP

DSP

Male
Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 6:47 am

I can see why you doing it.

LOL my friend getting divorce and said he will go to jail and do time if his wife try to get a certain amount that he can't pay.

The economy is bad so alot of states are trying to get money with all these hiked up fees.
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 6:54 am

Traveller wrote:
Go to court and make two points:

1. You were not aware of that GA law
2. You were driving very slow anyway becuz of teh rain and becuz you were transporting something.

Do you have any points so far? Is you rdriving record clean? If the answer to both questions is no you should be let off with a warning.

I don't keep track of points oh...all I know is my insurance is low and never goes up even with my tickets. I've had a total of 5 tickets since I've been driving (15 years old). 1 for allegedly running a red light and the rest for speeding.

My last $345 ticket was for going 80mph on the hwy258 Rolling Eyes in 2005 angry1 ....shoot you have to go 80mph just to keep up so you don't get ran off the road...that was another bullshit ticket...but I grudging paid it.
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 6:59 am

Ok, I just talked one of my criminal friends...he said that they will let you turn yourself in on the week-end if you have to pay and don't have the money...and I'll just be in a holding cell.
Back to top Go down
DSP

DSP

Male

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 7:02 am

Geyla Queen wrote:
Ok, I just talked one of my criminal friends...he said that they will let you turn yourself in on the week-end if you have to pay and don't have the money...and I'll just be in a holding cell.

Take a plastic cup to pee in...lol
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 7:05 am

DSP wrote:
Geyla Queen wrote:

why scratch
Back to top Go down
DSP

DSP

Male

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 7:13 am

Geyla Queen wrote:
DSP wrote:
Geyla Queen wrote:

why scratch

nevermind maybe jail house toilet clean..
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 7:18 am

DSP wrote:
Geyla Queen wrote:
DSP wrote:
Geyla Queen wrote:

why scratch

nevermind maybe jail house toilet clean..

oh I see...who knows, but i'm sure i can't take anything with my.

Well yor just pray that the judge feel sorry for me...maybe I'll even cry (that has worked for me in the past)...so I won't even have to do this.
Back to top Go down
cajun2k2

cajun2k2

Female
Number of posts : 190
Say Whatever : Back home!!!
My Mood : WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00 Bookworm
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 10:57 am

That is crazy! I never heard of such a law. I would go to court and fight it, but there is NO way that I would pay $700 for that!!! th_no
Back to top Go down
BeautifulMind

Female
Number of posts : 24
My Mood : WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00 Shocked
Registration date : 2008-06-24

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 2:27 pm

It's sad to say though, but, there IS a law concerning that.. couple of years ago i got pulled over for the same reason.. but i was lucky.. i got off with a warning.

But my sister, there's no way in hell, will i ever pay $700 for not moving over. what for??
please.. for that one i will go to jail oh. bah, just make sure you take some kind of sleeping pill.. your two days wouldn't even be enough.
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood : WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00 Sad
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 5:18 pm

my friend GQ coming go to Jail oh.. she coming be CONVICT th_mrgreen : smile_tongue
nu ma... this thing too funny for me to take it serious, sorry GQ th_ROFLMAO
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 6:50 pm

candygirl wrote:
my friend GQ coming go to Jail oh.. she coming be CONVICT th_mrgreen : smile_tongue

you laughing at me ehn...ok....this thing da serious thing oh, but maybe they will let me do community service....all I know is I'M NOT PAYING DA MONEY!!
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 6:56 pm

GQ
CONVICT... MUSIC
I see you winning , dancing all on the floor.....

ehn you say you Kurrupt? th_mrgreen they coming make you pay "jail fee"
you know what that is???
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 7:12 pm

candygirl wrote:
GQ
CONVICT... MUSIC
I see you winning , dancing all on the floor.....

you know what that is???

I'm locked up...they won't let me out...noooo Laughing
They won't let me out, they won't let me out, (im locked up)
They won't let me out no, they wont let me out, (im locked up)

Candy it's not like I going to the federal pin Rolling Eyes ...every small county got there own small jail house...and the holding cell is like a office waiting room (I think scratch ), but I'm sure it's not that bad. You think I would be doing this if da was some kind of nasty place...my dear this is America...If i'm not treated right...I will sue their asses....ever the criminal got right here oh.

BUT lets just pray that it does not have to come to this, I will go to court on the 18th and pled my case, like T said.

#1. I was not driving my own car...so I was not used to the truck.

#2. I've never heard of this law.

#3. I was driving slow...in "medium" traffic...which is on the ticket,

#4. He did not write down how fast I was going on the ticket.(my word vs his)

#5. It was raining...even on the ticket he checked that the weather was "cloudy"

#6. I have my sales receipt that has the time and date on it to prove I had just bought the stuff.
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 7:17 pm

candygirl wrote:

you know what that is???

no I don't scratch
Back to top Go down
Mai

Female
Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 8:57 pm

Geyla Queen wrote:
candygirl wrote:

you laughing at me ehn...ok....this thing da serious thing oh, but maybe they will let me do community service....all I know is I'M NOT PAYING DA MONEY!!

are you serious? i want laugh but it's serious. $700.00? jeez louise!!!!! okay, so if they lock you up, does that mean you don't have to pay, or are those jailhouse chickos gonna harrass you and in the end to still have to cough it up? ehn you know how scary they look? u will cry the whole time. Just act like u're crazy,,, be talking to yourself in liberian english.... slap uself a couple of times too.
that's some BS,,,
maybe i need to order some more of my thing before they pull the hand cuffs out ehn? : smile_tongue : smile_tongue
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 9:02 pm

Mai wrote:
Geyla Queen wrote:
candygirl wrote:

are you serious? i want laugh but it's serious. $700.00? jeez louise!!!!! okay, so if they lock you up, does that mean you don't have to pay, or are those jailhouse chickos gonna harrass you and in the end to still have to cough it up? ehn you know how scary they look? u will cry the whole time. Just act like u're crazy,,, be talking to yourself in liberian english.... slap uself a couple of times too.
that's some BS,,,

maybe i need to order some more of my thing before they pull the hand cuffs out ehn? : smile_tongue : smile_tongue

Look don't kill me here oh th_ROFLMAO th_ROFLMAO th_ROFLMAO , your friend coming go to jail and all you can think about is peppersauce.... th_mrgreen : smile_tongue

If I go to jail for a day or 2 they will wave the fee, or I might just have to do community service...I don't know....but this is complete ASSTRAY!!
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin
candygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 9:04 pm

Mai wrote:
Geyla Queen wrote:
candygirl wrote:

that's some BS,,,

hahahaha.. thats the thingi was telling her about "jail fee" but she laughing

GQ, i can picture you as a crazy woman th_b
Back to top Go down
Mai

Female

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 9:11 pm

Geyla Queen wrote:
Mai wrote:
Geyla Queen wrote:
candygirl wrote:

that's some BS,,,

Look don't kill me here oh th_ROFLMAO th_ROFLMAO th_ROFLMAO , your friend coming go to jail and all you can think about is peppersauce.... th_mrgreen : smile_tongue

If I go to jail for a day or 2 they will wave the fee, or I might just have to do community service...I don't know....but this is complete ASSTRAY!!

why u acting like going to jail for a day or two dat small thing? th_crying
Back to top Go down
Mai

Female

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 9:13 pm

candygirl wrote:
Mai wrote:
Geyla Queen wrote:
candygirl wrote:

that's some BS,,,

Hmmm, women don't have to worry about picking up the soap ehn?

aye GQ nah ma oh,,,,
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 9:19 pm

candygirl wrote:
Mai wrote:
Geyla Queen wrote:
candygirl wrote:

that's some BS,,,

yor continue to voke me WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00 Pointlaff ....laughter is good for the soul and this is not going to stress me out....so I will be a crazy lady if I have to
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Traveller

Male
Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2008-04-25

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 9:21 pm

I agree with Mai. When you reach to court, don't comb your hair and keep scratching yourself. Beore they call your name, start one hellubah fuss with yourself.
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin
Geyla Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 9:21 pm

Mai wrote:
Hmmm, women don't have to worry about picking up the soap ehn?
aye GQ nah ma oh,,,,

who say I will take bath self...for one or 2 days...I will be stink, that way nobody will want to sit my be lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00 Empty

Back to top Go down

WHAT WOULD YOU DO? GO TO JAIL or JUST PAY THE $700.00
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next